Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog question
Operating Systems AIX syslog question Post 50811 by jalburger on Monday 3rd of May 2004 09:05:21 AM
Old 05-03-2004
yep...I'm using tabs in my conf file...

The conf file is attached.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Well, im getting it, but i have ONE question

Hay everyone, i would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who helped me make the decision to get a linux distro. As a newbie, Im defininately considering buying Mandrake Linux... I went to the site and phew..... 2300 applications, i think ill have a good time. But i do have a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another question regarding yes

I have a program that takes two responses, for example: ./eatfruit <stdout> Enter fruit: Do you want to eat fruit?: <end stdout> If I do this yes banana ./eatfruit <stdout> Enter fruit: banana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nj78
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

while question/help?

I have 3 files in a directory. The files are named as below MSDOS PCDOS filename.txt The file filename.txt contains the following 1 line *****DOS When I run the following while loop I get the following output while read r do echo $r done < filename.txt Output is MSDOS PCDOS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatsoon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 question on syslog.conf file

Hi, I have a question on /etc/syslog.conf file in Solaris 10. Below is a line taken from /etc/syslog.conf file and I know that the last field (operator) is where the logs gets outputted but how do I find out what the output file name format is going to be and which directory it gets outputted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stevefox
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Where should I ask my question?

Hello, all I found you folks by doing searches on linux bash scripting From time-to-time I'm hoping to get help from the experts here. I'm technically competent enough with Windows to run my own Tech-Support business, but I am fairly lightwieght in Linux. Over the last 3-4 years I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tovian
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

8. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
gsscred.conf(4) 						   File Formats 						   gsscred.conf(4)

NAME
gsscred.conf - Generic Security Services credential configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/gss/gsscred.conf DESCRIPTION
The gsscred.conf file contains GSS credential information including options that can be set by the system administrator. The options that are in this file include: SYSLOG_UID_MAPPING=yes If this option is set to yes, GSS cred to Unix cred mapping results will be logged to syslog(3C) at level auth.debug. FILES
/etc/gss/gsscred.conf Contains GSS credential information. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gsscred(1M), gssd(1M), syslog(3C), krb5.conf(4), SEAM(5), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 2004 gsscred.conf(4)