Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: installing a printer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers installing a printer Post 5080 by sgraves on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 12:56:15 PM
Old 08-07-2001
thanks, but...

Thank you for the response. I saw the message that you posted before. I am so new to UNIX that I would need a more detailed description of where to go to fix this problem I have. More or less, I guess I need someone to take my hand and guide me through it. I am probably asking for something that I cannot get, but I thought it was worth the try. Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing New Printer

Hi experts, Can anyone tell me how to set up a printer in UNIX (SCO). In my XP, i've got a printer (HP 840C) that i want the Unix Server to print to it. How can i give it the command so i can be able to print? I've seen some things about "lpadmin" but none of them worked. Must have some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jorge.ferreira
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

3. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Steps for Installing a local Printer 310 -200

I need someone to please help me in arranging the Local Printer Installation steps in the correct order. Is this correct ? first step - Test the Printer Second step - Physically attach the Printer Third step - Add the Printer to the print service Fourth step - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laitan
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps for Installing a local Printer 310 -200

I need someone to please help me in arranging the Local Printer Installation steps in the correct order. Is this correct ? first step - Test the Printer Second step - Physically attach the Printer Third step - Add the Printer to the print service Fourth step - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laitan
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing Generic Ascii Drivers For Line Matrix Printer

Hi, Does anybody have any idea as to how to setup a printer using a generic ascii driver? We have a Tally T6100 line matrix printer which is on our network and works fine in a Windows environment. We are trying to move this printer to Oracle Linux. I've contacted Tally as well as Printronix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Printer driver

So I have a canon printer I'm trying to set it up I've gotten the driver from here; wget -c http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0100005511/01/cnijfilter-mg7100series-4.00-1-rpm.tar.gz I try and run the script thats below; But I know where i have to copy the driver too. I was wonder what file i have... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtsmith90
10 Replies

9. Linux

On Zorin - trouble installing new printer - need help

Hi. I am new to Linux & am using Zorin on my computer. :confused: I had my old printer pack it in & so I had to replace it with my new printer - which is the same make & model as the old one (a newer model only). There is some code name under Printers which I presume to be the old printer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snookerdoodles
1 Replies
tcl(1)							      General Commands Manual							    tcl(1)

NAME
tcl, tk, tcl-tk - Tool Command Language DESCRIPTION
The tcl software is unsupported software that is provided as part of Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will fix problems in this unsupported software only if they are specific to Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not fix problems that are integral to the software itself or that occur when the com- ponent is used on UNIX systems other than Tru64 UNIX. Compaq will not add functionality to this software. Except for this reference page, other reference pages that Tru64 UNIX supplies for tcl are passed through without changes. The reference pages distributed as part of this software are available in the directories /usr/share/doclib/annex/man/man[1-9]. You should use this directory stem in the man command or add it to the MANPATH environment variable to make these files available to the man command. Note Compaq is not responsible for the content or quality of reference pages and other documents installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory and does not revise this material in response to customer problem reports. Reference pages installed under the /usr/share/doclib/annex/man directory are not available from Compaq in book form; for example, they are not included in the reference manu- als that you receive when you order the Tru64 UNIX documentation set as hard copy books. Problems related to the content or quality of any documentation installed in the /usr/share/doclib/annex directory tree should be sent to the developers of the documentation. The format for changing the search path with the man command is: man -P /usr/share/doclib/annex/man [section] title... If you are using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shells, use the following command sequence to modify your environment: MANPATH=$MAN- PATH:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man export MANPATH If you are using the C shell, enter the command: setenv MANPATH `echo $MANPATH`:/usr/share/doclib/annex/man See the reference pages for the man(1) command for additional information on the search path used to locate files. The reference pages associated with this product are not included in the whatis data base created by the catman command. Therefore, the man -k and apropos commands will not locate reference pages included with this product. SEE ALSO
Commands: apropos(1), catman(8), man(1) tcl(1)