Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Group permission not working
Operating Systems AIX Group permission not working Post 50737 by Optimus_P on Friday 30th of April 2004 12:30:45 PM
Old 04-30-2004
what user and group id is the sap program running.

since the user can read the data from outside the sap program it leads me to believe the program is running as a differnt uid/gid.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to define permission of unix group

While logged on as root, I created a user 'usera' I also created a group called 'groupa' I need to modify the permission of the user i created to not have root privileges. I also need to change groupa to be in 'others' please help! thanks, nieves (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mncapara
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group permission

I have an executable that had permissions set to 700. I changed this to 770 and added a user to the group in an attempt to allow that userds to run the file. Obviously this didnt work or I wouldnt be here. Do I need to cause the group file to be re-read and if so how, or am I misunderstanding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inherit Group File Permission

In our file system, the SGID for a directory is set right now. Any new files created in this directory will automatically be assigned the same group from the parent directory. Is there a way to inherit the file permission from the parent directory as well? The OS is Solaris 2.8. Example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: april
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove Group write permission .

How would i write a command that can find all the objects under the etc directory that have group write permission enabled and have not been accessed in the last X days. This is what i got from internet souce but i m not able to modify it according to my distribution. find /etc -perm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't sudo Using Group Permission

All: I'm having a problem with sudo on Solaris 5.10 that is giving me fits (and BTW, I'm a Linux admin by trade...). The issue is that I have a number of users (myself included) that cannot sudo to root to complete user admin tasks. Assuming the user is jdoe, and the group with the elevated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris group ID permission drwxrwS--x

why is the group id in capital S and not lowercase s ? I have a directory with the following permissions: drwxrws--x when I remove the group id and add it again with g+s or chmod 2765 , it displays the group ID in capital "S" instead of lowercase "s" tried to find this out on Google, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX not following permission rules on group

Has anyone ever encountered this? It's one of those it was working Monday but not today issues. We have an account pcadmin in the group utl, its supposed to read the files in utl. No issues on Monday, but today pcadmin can't read anything owned by utl. Below you can see it still has the group... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
8 Replies
udpsvd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 udpsvd(8)

NAME
udpsvd - UDP/IP service daemon SYNOPSIS
udpsvd [-hpvv] [-u user] [-l name] [-i dir|-x cdb] [-t sec] host port prog DESCRIPTION
udpsvd creates an UDP/IP socket, binds it to the address host:port, and listens on the socket for incoming datagrams. If a datagram is available on the socket, udpsvd conditionally starts a program, with standard input reading from the socket, and standard output redirected to standard error, to handle this, and possibly more datagrams. udpsvd does not start the program if another program that it has started before still is running. If the program exits, udpsvd again listens to the socket until a new datagram is available. If there are still datagrams available on the socket, the program is restarted immediately. udpsvd optionally checks for special intructions depending on the IP address or hostname of the client sending the datagram which not yet was handled by a running program, see ipsvd-instruct(5) for details. ATTENTION: UDP is a connectionless protocol. Most programs that handle user datagrams, such as talkd(8), keep running after receiving a datagram, and process subsequent datagrams sent to the socket until a timeout is reached. udpsvd only checks special instructions for a datagram that causes a startup of the program; not if a program handling datagrams already is running. It doesn't make much sense to restrict access through special instructions when using such a program. On the other hand, it makes perfectly sense with programs like tftpd(8), that fork to establish a separate connection to the client when receiving the datagram. In general it's adequate to set up special instructions for programs that support being run by tcpwrapper. OPTIONS
host host either is a hostname, or a dotted-decimal IP address, or 0. If host is 0, udpsvd accepts datagrams to any local IP address. port udpsvd accepts datagrams to host:port. port may be a name from /etc/services or a number. prog prog consists of one or more arguments. udpsvd normally runs prog to handle a datagram, and possibly more, that is sent to the socket, if there is no program that was started before by udpsvd still running and handling datagrams. -i dir read instructions for handling new connections from the instructions directory dir. See ipsvd-instruct(5) for details. -x cdb read instructions for handling new connections from the constant database cdb. The constant database normally is created from an instructions directory by running ipsvd-cdb(8). -t sec timeout. This option only takes effect if the -i option is given. While checking the instructions directory, check the time of last access of the file that matches the clients address or hostname if any, discard and remove the file if it wasn't accessed within the last sec seconds; udpsvd does not discard or remove a file if the user's write permission is not set, for those files the timeout is disabled. Default is 0, which means that the timeout is disabled. -l name local hostname. Do not look up the local hostname in DNS, but use name as hostname. By default udpsvd looks up the local hostname once at startup. -u [:]user[:group] drop permissions. Set uid and gid to the user's uid and gid, as found in /etc/passwd, before running prog. If user is followed by a colon and a group, set the gid to group's gid, as found in /etc/group, instead of user's gid. If group consists of a colon-sepa- rated list of group names, set the group ids of all listed groups. If user is prefixed with a colon, the user and all group argu- ments are interpreted as uid and gids respectively, and not looked up in the password or group file. All supplementary groups are removed. -h Look up the client's hostname in DNS. -p paranoid. After looking up the client's hostname in DNS, look up the IP addresses in DNS for that hostname, and forget the hostname if none of the addresses match the client's IP address. You should set this option if you use hostname based instructions. The -p option implies the -h option. -v verbose. Print verbose messages to standard output. -vv more verbose. Print more verbose messages to standard output. SEE ALSO
ipsvd(7), tcpsvd(8), sslsvd(8), ipsvd-instruct(5), ipsvd-cdb(8) http://smarden.org/ipsvd/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> udpsvd(8)