Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Group permission not working
Operating Systems AIX Group permission not working Post 50714 by Perderabo on Thursday 29th of April 2004 10:55:19 PM
Old 04-29-2004
We don't have a lot of AIX members around I guess. But I'll take a shot in the dark based on general unix knowledge.

My best guess is that you're wrong in saying that user is a member of both groups. Try running the "groups" command (if AIX has one). It should display your group memberships.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to define permission of unix group

While logged on as root, I created a user 'usera' I also created a group called 'groupa' I need to modify the permission of the user i created to not have root privileges. I also need to change groupa to be in 'others' please help! thanks, nieves (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mncapara
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

group permission

I have an executable that had permissions set to 700. I changed this to 770 and added a user to the group in an attempt to allow that userds to run the file. Obviously this didnt work or I wouldnt be here. Do I need to cause the group file to be re-read and if so how, or am I misunderstanding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumper
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

permission, owner and group

hello I search a script (ksh for Aix 5.3) to save all permissions, groups and owner for all files. Because we work much to change it, and a mystake ......! So i want execute this script to save/ execute permissions for all files. If you have this script, thank you for your help ;) best... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add permission of directory to a group

Hi, A simple and silly question on Unix. I have a directory named "a" and I would like to grant permission to group name "text" to access, read and execute my directory. Could anyone help me? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inherit Group File Permission

In our file system, the SGID for a directory is set right now. Any new files created in this directory will automatically be assigned the same group from the parent directory. Is there a way to inherit the file permission from the parent directory as well? The OS is Solaris 2.8. Example:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: april
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to remove Group write permission .

How would i write a command that can find all the objects under the etc directory that have group write permission enabled and have not been accessed in the last X days. This is what i got from internet souce but i m not able to modify it according to my distribution. find /etc -perm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't sudo Using Group Permission

All: I'm having a problem with sudo on Solaris 5.10 that is giving me fits (and BTW, I'm a Linux admin by trade...). The issue is that I have a number of users (myself included) that cannot sudo to root to complete user admin tasks. Assuming the user is jdoe, and the group with the elevated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris group ID permission drwxrwS--x

why is the group id in capital S and not lowercase s ? I have a directory with the following permissions: drwxrws--x when I remove the group id and add it again with g+s or chmod 2765 , it displays the group ID in capital "S" instead of lowercase "s" tried to find this out on Google, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX not following permission rules on group

Has anyone ever encountered this? It's one of those it was working Monday but not today issues. We have an account pcadmin in the group utl, its supposed to read the files in utl. No issues on Monday, but today pcadmin can't read anything owned by utl. Below you can see it still has the group... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Man
8 Replies
dlpi_bind(3DLPI)				  Data Link Provider Interface Library Functions				  dlpi_bind(3DLPI)

NAME
dlpi_bind - bind DLPI handle SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -ldlpi [ library ... ] #include <libdlpi.h> int dlpi_bind(dlpi_handle_t dh, uint_t sap, uint_t *boundsap); DESCRIPTION
The dlpi_bind() function attempts to bind the DLPI handle dh to the SAP sap. The handle must be in the DL_UNBOUND DLPI state and will tran- sition to the DL_IDLE DLPI state upon success. Some DLPI MAC types can bind to a different SAP than the SAP requested, in which case bound- sap returns the actual bound SAP. If boundsap is set to NULL, dlpi_bind() fails if the bound SAP does not match the requested SAP. If the caller does not care which SAP is chosen, DLPI_ANY_SAP can be specified for sap. This is primarily useful in conjunction with dlpi_promis- con() and DL_PROMISC_SAP to receive traffic from all SAPs. If DLPI_ANY_SAP is specified, any transmitted messages must explicitly specify a SAP using dlpi_send(3DLPI). Upon success, the caller can use dlpi_recv(3DLPI) to receive data matching the bound SAP that is sent to the DLPI link associated with dh. In addition, the caller can use dlpi_send(3DLPI) to send data over the bound SAP address associated with DLPI handle dh. The physical address of the bound handle can be retrieved with dlpi_info(3DLPI). RETURN VALUES
Upon success, DLPI_SUCCESS is returned. If DL_SYSERR is returned, errno contains the specific UNIX system error value. Otherwise, a DLPI error value defined in <sys/dlpi.h> or an error value listed in the following section is returned. ERRORS
DLPI_EBADMSG Bad DLPI message DLPI_EINHANDLE Invalid DLPI handle DLPI_ETIMEDOUT DLPI operation timed out DLPI_EUNAVAILSAP Unavailable DLPI SAP ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dlpi_info(3DLPI), dlpi_recv(3DLPI), dlpi_send(3DLPI), dlpi_unbind(3DLPI), libdlpi(3LIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 22 Aug 2007 dlpi_bind(3DLPI)