Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing a textfile, sorting and doing math fucntions. Post 50685 by rameshonline on Thursday 29th of April 2004 11:35:47 AM
Old 04-29-2004
I have a solution which is similar to what perdarabo posted.

sort -n file | awk '$1==prev {sum+=$2;} $1!=prev {if(NR!=1) print prev, sum;sum=$2; prev=$1;} END {print prev, sum}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

plugging out value from a textfile

Hi, need some help from all of you as i'm a beginner in shellscript. Currently i have a textfile(filename.txt) with the below content: TOTAL: 30 RECORDS: 300 anyone one know how do i plug out the value of 30 and put into a variable(var1) and 300 into another variable(var2)?I'm coding using... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding & Moving Oldest File by Parsing/Sorting Date Info in File Names

I'm trying to write a script that will look in an /exports folder for the oldest export file and move it to a /staging folder. "Oldest" in this case is actually determined by date information embedded in the file names themselves. Also, the script should only move a file from /exports to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikosey
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing textfile problem with cut

Hi, I have a textfile with several lines like this: text num: USER text (num) num num I need all these stuff. Problem is, how to get these stuff after ":". USER is a username and all chars are possible, even whitespace. So I cant use cut. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcW
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Textfile lesson

Tag allerseits Ich habe ein umfangreiches Script. Darin möchte ich zu Beginn ein textfile lesen. Den ersten Satz. Dann kommen mehrere Instruktionen und dann soll wieder gelesen werden. Den zweiten Satz. Etc. Ich kann also das herkömmliche while read xyz / do ... done nicht benützen. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract more than 1 line in a textfile ?

Hi, I'm starting a little project with a shell script but I'm don't know how to do it. Maybe someone can help me. I have un text file like this : I'd like to do a script who will extract from my file from @ADDLINE1@ to @ADDLINE4@ only and I have no idea how to do this. Any idea ? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poulki
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change value in a textFile

Hi everyone, I need to make a script to take three parameters: -> KEY -> NEW_VALUE -> FILE The FILE is a text plane file. The KEY is a variable to configure, for example: KEY1 = HOLA KEY2= HOLA KEY3=HELLO KEY4 =HOLA And the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
4 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Use Textfile for variables ?

So... I have a text file that contains this (hex.txt): #8C7CA6 #6C70A5 #75777C #959A90 #7A7C6C #867DAB #80867E #8A87BD #6B71C6 #8F8A79 #9A9DCE #7E87D0 #69709E #82968C #7C8F81 #A3917B (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate sorte different characters from one textfile and copy them in a new textfile?

My first post, so don't kill me :) Say i open some textfile with some example like this. on the table are handy, bread and wine Now i know exactly what is in and i want to separate and sorted it in terminal to an existing file with another 2 existing lines in like this: table plane ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: schwatter
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variablecontent in a Textfile

I want to save a variablecontent in a Textfile. How can i do that? These works only with ls shell_exec("ls > text.txt");Please use code tags, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
2 Replies
math::roman(1.0)														  math::roman(1.0)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
math::roman - Tools for creating and manipulating roman numerals SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require math::roman ?1.0? ::math::roman::toroman i ::math::roman::tointeger r ::math::roman::sort list ::math::roman::expr args _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
::math::roman is a pure-Tcl library for converting between integers and roman numerals. It also provides utility functions for sorting and performing arithmetic on roman numerals. This code was originally harvested from the Tcler's wiki at http://wiki.tcl.tk/1823 and as such is free for any use for any purpose. Many thanks to the ingeneous folk who devised these clever routines and generously contributed them to the Tcl community. While written and tested under Tcl 8.3, I expect this library will work under all 8.x versions of Tcl. COMMANDS
::math::roman::toroman i Convert an integer to roman numerals. The result is always in upper case. The value zero is converted to an empty string. ::math::roman::tointeger r Convert a roman numeral into an integer. ::math::roman::sort list Sort a list of roman numerals from smallest to largest. ::math::roman::expr args Evaluate an expression where the operands are all roman numerals. Of these commands both toroman and tointeger are exported for easier use. The other two are not, as they could interfer or be confused with existing Tcl commands. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: roman of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
conversion, integer, roman numeral CATEGORY
Mathematics COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005 Kenneth Green <kenneth.green@gmail.com> Tcl Math Library math math::roman(1.0)