Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: efficiency..
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting efficiency.. Post 50650 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 28th of April 2004 02:41:06 PM
Old 04-28-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Perderabo
Same deal applies to uid. I got 3 lines with:
grep 300 /etc/passwd
but only one line with
grep '^.*:.*:300:' /etc/passwd
but in the context of your search patter the user would not be entering in the first 3 fields of the password filed they woudl only be entering in a username i believe.

no matter tho we are getting way off the topic of efficiency

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: code efficiency for gmtime

I have the following Perl snippet: # get datetime @dt = gmtime(); $strdate = 1900 + $dt . addleadingzero(++$dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt) . addleadingzero($dt); # write to file $outfile = $strdate . ".txt"; getstore($url, $outfile) or die "Error:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve program efficiency (awk)

Hi !! I've finished an awk exercise. Here it is: #!/bin/bash function calcula { # Imprimimos el mayor tamaño de fichero ls -l $1 | awk ' BEGIN { max = $5; # Inicializamos la variable que nos guardará el máximo con el tamaño del primer archivo } { if ($5 > max){ #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phass
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

The efficiency between GREP and SED???

Hello Everyone! I am a newbie. I'd like to get key lines from a big txt file by Reg Exp, The file is nearly 22MB. GREP or SED?which may be the best choice,more efficient way? or any other best practise? Thank you in advance. Ever:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ever
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File or Folder Efficiency?

I've got this program set up so that it creates files whose unique names specify the jobs their contents describe. In order to retrieve the information inside those files, I have to do a "grep" and awk or sed to extract it. I've just assumed that making a directory with that unique name that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmark99
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

About efficiency of parallel memory allocation

Hello, there. I'm a new beginner to Linux kernel and curious about its memory management. When multiple applications apply for memory space at the same time, how Linux kernel solve the resource contending problem for high performance? I have known that there is a buddy system for allocating and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackwall
4 Replies
taskstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      taskstat(1M)

NAME
taskstat - prints ASET tasks status SYNOPSIS
/usr/aset/util/taskstat [-d aset_dir] DESCRIPTION
taskstat is located in the /usr/aset/util directory. /usr/aset is the default operating directory of the Automated Security Enhancement Tool (ASET). An alternative working directory can be specified by the administrators through the aset -d command or the ASETDIR environment variable. See aset(1M). Because aset dispatches its tasks to run in the background, when it returns, these tasks may or may not have com- pleted. taskstat prints the status of the tasks, listing those that are completed and those that are still executing. The ASET reports, which are located in the /usr/aset/reports directory (see the -d option), are not complete until all the tasks finish executing. OPTIONS
-d aset_dir Specify the working directory for ASET. By default, this directory is /usr/aset. With this option, the reports directory will be located under aset_dir. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWast | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
aset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 11 Oct 1991 taskstat(1M)