Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server side scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Server side scripting Post 50206 by paladyn_2002 on Monday 19th of April 2004 02:14:57 AM
Old 04-19-2004
Server side scripting

I have my webpage hosted on one unix server, and using the command <!--#exec cmd="./nUsers.sh"--> it calls the appropriate script to tell me how many people are on the unix server at that time. I need to be able to find out how many users are on another unix server without logging in but using the same script as for the first one(which is in my directory on the other unix server). Is there some way to modify <!--#exec cmd="./nUsers.sh"--> to access the same file on the other unix server and get the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print two sql query outputs side by side in excel

Hi, I have to sql queries like select sno,sname from temptable; select deptno,dname from depttable; In excel i want to specify the column number to which my output should be displayed. please help me in this... thanks in advance... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasee
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to place selected columns from a group of files side by side in a new file

Hi Everyone, I need a shell/perl script to bring selected columns from all the files located in a directory and place them in a new file side by side. File1: a b c d 2 3 4 5 f g h i .......... File2: I II III IV w x y z .............. and so on many files are there...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Merge / combine / join / paste 2 text files side-by-side

I have 2 text files, both have one simple, single column. The 2 files might be the same length, or might not, and if not, it's unknown which one would be longer. For this example, file1 is longer: ---file1 Joe Bob Mary Sally Fred Elmer David ---file2 Tomato House Car... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cajunfries
3 Replies

4. Web Development

Cannot access Apache web server from Wan side, only Lan side.

I have installed WAMPSERVER 2.0 on my windows vista x64 system but still am having issues with getting the webserver to be seen outside my local network. It is working fine within my local network. Been through several setup tutorials so far, no dice still. For testing purposes I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidmanvell
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Paste two file side by side together based on specific pattern match problem

Input file_1: P78811 P40108 O17861 Q6NTW1 P40986 Q6PBK1 P38264 Q6PBK1 Q9CZ49 Q1GZI0 Input file_2: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing 3 files side by side based on similar values in rows

Hi I'm trying to compare 3 or more files based on similar values and outputting them into 3 columns. For example: file1 ABC DEF GHI file2 DEF DER file3 ABC DER The output should come out like this file1 file2 file3 ABC ABC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
4 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)