Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Disabling thread deletion by OP? Post 50189 by Driver on Sunday 18th of April 2004 03:19:51 PM
Old 04-18-2004
PHP Disabling thread deletion by OP?

Last edited by Driver; 10-23-2004 at 12:01 AM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

deletion of thread backup scripts!!!

I have posted a thread backup scripts. Can you assist in deletion of the said thread. Thanks and Regds Kamlesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamlesh_p
1 Replies

3. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post thread/reply to thread

Dear Moderator I am not able to post any new thread or post reply to mine old thread. Kindly help as i am stuck on one problem and needed suggestion. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies
pthread_detach(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 pthread_detach(3)

NAME
pthread_detach - Marks a thread object for deletion. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_detach( pthread_t thread); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread object being marked for deletion. DESCRIPTION
This routine marks the specified thread object to indicate that storage for the corresponding thread can be reclaimed when the thread ter- minates. This includes storage for the thread argument's return value, as well as the thread object. If thread has not terminated when this routine is called, this routine does not cause it to terminate. When a thread object is no longer referenced, call this routine. The results of this routine are unpredictable if the value of thread refers to a thread object that does not exist. A thread can be created already detached by setting its thread object's detachstate attribute. The pthread_join(3) routine also detaches the target thread after pthread_join(3) returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by thread does not refer to a joinable thread. The value specified by thread cannot be found. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Routines: pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3), pthread_join(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_detach(3)