Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Easy one
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Easy one Post 50086 by vcardo10 on Friday 16th of April 2004 04:02:43 AM
Old 04-16-2004
I cannot get this to work at all - im feeling rather daft

it overwrite some of it and not all of it - looks like i need to go back to overwriting one line at at time :-(

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

easy script

a script, cheer that prints its parameter as shown in the example below. eg: $ cheer U N I X Give me a U! U! Give me a N! N! Give me a I! I! Give me a X! X! #!/bin/sh for letter do echo "Give me a $letter!";echo "$letter!" done this is the code i used for the above script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: problems
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

easy question

Hi everybody: Could anybody tell me if I have several files which each one it has this pattern name: name1.dat name2.dat name3.dat name4.dat name10.dat name11.dat name30.dat If I would like create one like: name_total.dat If I do: paste name*.dat > name_total.dat (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonet
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with an (easy) parser

Hello, i'm workig with a file with structural information about biological macromolecules (proteins etc). In a certain file, the info is structured like this @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE blah 1 blah 2 blah 3 @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE foo 1 foo 2 foo 3 @<TRIPOS>MOLECULE mmm 1 mmm 2 mmm 3 I would... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with this easy problem

hi people. i need assist in this quite easy problem. i have a text as: cell112-1/2/3/4/5/6 4 cell156-1/2/3/4 7 cell197-1/2/3 6 cell215-1/2/3/4/5/6 9 cell235-1/2/3 5 cell354-1/2/3/4/5 8 cell355-1 4 ... cell446-1/2/3/4/5/6 5 the script should check second coloumn in each line and ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
21 Replies
MU-EXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     MU-EXTRACT(1)

NAME
mu_extract - display and save message parts (attachments), and open them with other tools. SYNOPSIS
mu extract [options] <file> mu extract [options] <file> <pattern> DESCRIPTION
mu extact is the mu sub-command for extracting MIME-parts (e.g., attachments) from mail messages. It works on message files, and does not require the message to be indexed in the database. For attachments, the file name used when saving it, is the name of the attachment in the message. If there is no such name, or when saving non-attachment MIME-parts, a name is derived from the message-id of the message. If you specify a pattern (a case-insensitive regular expression) as the second argument, all attachments with filenames matching that pat- tern will be extracted. The regular expressions are Perl-compatible (as per the PCRE-library). Without any options, mu extract simply outputs the list of leaf MIME-parts in the message. Only 'leaf' MIME-parts (including RFC822 attach- ments) are considered, multipart/* etc. are ignored. OPTIONS
-a, --save-attachments save all MIME-parts that look like attachments. --save-all save all non-multipart MIME-parts. --parts=<parts> only consider the following numbered parts (comma-separated list).The numbers for the parts can be seen from running mu extract without any options but only the message file. --target-dir=<dir> save the parts in the target directory rather than the current working directory. --overwrite overwrite existing files with the same name; by default overwriting is not allowed. --play Try to 'play' (open) the attachment with the default application for the particular file type. On MacOS, this uses the open program, on other platforms is uses xdg-open. You can choose a different program by setting the MU_PLAY_PROGRAM environment variable. EXAMPLES
To display information about all the MIME-parts in a message file: $ mu extract msgfile To extract MIME-part 3 and 4 from this message, overwriting existing files with the same name: $ mu extract --parts=3,4 --overwrite msgfile To extract all files ending in '.jpg' (case-insensitive): $ mu extract msgfile '.*.jpg' To extract an mp3-file, and play it in the the default mp3-playing application. $ mu extract --play msgfile 'whoopsididitagain.mp3' BUGS
Please report bugs if you find them: http://code.google.com/p/mu0/issues/list AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu(1) User Manuals February 2012 MU-EXTRACT(1)