Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need script to process ls-l command Post 49784 by sinner on Saturday 10th of April 2004 03:18:55 AM
Old 04-10-2004

well i need a script that process the output of UNIX command ls -l, where the script takes, the long listing and reduces it to print the size, name of the file, total number of bytes and number of ordinary-files listed.

Last edited by sinner; 04-10-2004 at 04:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to kill the process ID of a command after a certain period

All, I am trying to build a script in perl that will alllow me to pass the IP address to a ping command and redirect the output to a file and then kill that process after a certain period of time. let's say, I call my script ping.pl, I would like to be able to run it like this for example :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Kill Process(number of process) Unix/Solaris

Hi Experts, we do have a shell script for Unix Solaris, which will kill all the process manullay, it used to work in my previous env, but now it is throwing this error.. could some one please help me to resolve it This is how we execute the script (and this is the requirement) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyvic
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process diff command output in a shell script

diff -yta file1 file2 #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.6 | #!/usr/abc/b/bin/perl5.8 Notable thing about above line is "|" appears at 62nd position. When the same line is assigned in a variable in a ksh script, using ss=$(diff -yta file1 file2) it appears as ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaliyajalpesh
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get child process for a process

!/bin/sh pid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}') sid=$(ps -Aj | grep MSTRSvr | grep -v grep | awk '{print $3}') ps -s "$sid" I am not able to get the desired output it says process list error if i use watch ps -s "$sid" it considers only the first session id (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: schippada
5 Replies

9. AIX

Command or script to inform server owner about process

Hi all, How to inform server owner if the particular process is down. I need command or script to do the above. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
cxref(1)						      General Commands Manual							  cxref(1)

NAME
cxref - Creates a C program cross-reference listing SYNOPSIS
cxref [-cFlstV] [-o file] [-w [number] | [-L cols] ] [-D name[=def]]... [-I dir]... [-U name]... [-Ndnumber] [-Nlnumber] [-Nnnumber] [-Ntnumber] file... The token -- (double-dash) is accepted as a delimiter indicating the end of options. Any following arguments are treated as operands, even if they begin with the - character. STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: cxref: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
The following options are included in XCU5.0: Displays a combined listing of the cross-references in all input files. Defines name, as if by a C-language #define directive. If no =def is given, a value of 1 is used. Adds the directory specified by dir to the list of directo- ries in which the lint program searches for #include files. Directs the output to the specified file. Does not display the input file- names. Removes any initial definition of name, where name is a reserved symbol that is predefined by the particular preprocessor. Formats the output no wider than number (decimal) columns. This option defaults to 80 if number is unspecified or is less than 51. The following options are not included in XCU5.0. They are included in a System V specification or are proprietary. [Tru64 UNIX] Prints the full path of the referenced file names. By default, only the last component of the full path is printed. [Tru64 UNIX] Specifies the maximum number of columns that can be printed in the LINE field to the cols argument. The default is five columns for this field. [Tru64 UNIX] Suppresses printing of local variables. Only global variables and file scope statistics are printed. [Tru64 UNIX] Changes the dimension table size to number. The default is 2000. [Tru64 UNIX] Changes the number of type nodes to number. The default is 8000. [Tru64 UNIX] Changes the symbol table size to number. The default is 1500. [Tru64 UNIX] Changes the number of tree nodes to number. The default is 1000. [Tru64 UNIX] Makes the listing 80 bytes wide. [SVID3] Prints the version number information for the cxref command to standard error. DESCRIPTION
The cxref command analyzes C program files and creates a cross-reference table, using a version of the cpp macro preprocessor to include #define directives in its symbol table. The cxref command writes to standard output a listing of all symbols in each file processed, either separately or in combination (see the -c option). [Tru64 UNIX] Function prototypes are handled in a special way: for an old-style function declaration, the function prototype name is listed, but the optional prototype identifiers are not. The formal parameters in a function definition are always listed, whether or not the prototype is an old-style function definition. When a reference to a symbol is that symbol's declaration, an asterisk (*) precedes it. EXAMPLES
To provide a combined cross-reference listing of stdin1.c and stdin2.c, making the output 60 columns wide, enter: cxref -c -w 60 stdin1.c stdin2.c > output ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the behavior of cxref: Provides a default value for the locale category variables that are not set or null. If set, overrides the values of all other locale variables. Determines the order in which output is sorted for the -x option. Determines the locale for the interpretation of byte sequences as characters (single-byte or multibyte) in input parameters and files. Determines the locale used to affect the format and contents of diagnostic messages displayed by the command. Determines the loca- tion of message catalogs for processing of LC_MESSAGES. FILES
Special version of C preprocessor. SEE ALSO
Commands: cc(1), c89(1) Standards: standards(5) cxref(1)