Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syntax and semantic check
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers syntax and semantic check Post 49301 by Optimus_P on Tuesday 30th of March 2004 02:31:40 PM
Old 03-30-2004
set is a built in shell function.

Code:
NAME
     set, unset, setenv, unsetenv, export - shell built-in  func-
     tions  to  determine  the  characteristics for environmental
     variables of the current shell and its descendents

its for sh/ksh/csh shells.

it is checked for syntax only if you "set" the proper switches.

otherwise it is just sent as is and will error out if there is an error.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick check of my awk syntax

I've made an awk command that works successfully. However I'd like to add one character to it. For example instead of /what_i_have_now/ I'd like to change just ONE field to the opposite with an exclamation point. Like this: ! /what_i_have_now/ My question, where am I supposed to place... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yongho
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check Shell script syntax w/o executing

Hello All, I looking for a way to verify the correction of shell script syntax. Is there any switch like -c in perl which do this in shell ? Thank You. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

CHECK SCRIPT SYNTAX

Hi everyone, i'd like someone chechk this script, i know it's very simple but it doesn't work good, let me tell you this script works over huge directories, maybe that's the problem, if somebody can give me other way to develop, or show me where it's the problem, i'll appreciate it. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

4. Programming

Need hep with my semantic error

while(EOF != (c = fgetc(filePtr))) { if ((c == ' ') || (c == '\n') || (c == '\0')) { if (c == '\0') { continue; } printf("%s",cc); printf("%c\n"); memset(cc, 0, sizeof cc); } else { cc=c; i++; } (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script check syntax not working ...

Hello i have question that i want check syntax from my script shell with sh -n filename but it's not show something even i have wrong syntax in my file. why can this happened or any other way to check it? i use on header of file : #!/bin/sh thx before :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gochengz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Check Syntax of Shell Script without Running

Hi Everyone, Is there any way ( generic) to check syntax of Shell Scripts without running it?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy121
4 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)