Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mget (ftp command)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mget (ftp command) Post 4917 by Ganondorf on Friday 3rd of August 2001 01:39:04 PM
Old 08-03-2001
mget (ftp command)

hey,

I was wondering if its possible to use a complete path and file name using the mget command example

mget /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext
or
get /dir1/dir2/dir3/file.ext

because whenever i try its says file not found or permission denied.....
but if i do
cd dir1
cd dir2
cd dir3
mget file.ext
it works well ....

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mget ftp command options

Hi, I am using mget ftp command to pull a bunch of zip files from Windows to local unix machines. It is working fine as follows. -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 614 Aug 19 13:13 02034128.zip -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 1866 Aug 19 13:13 02034127.zip -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 14592 Aug 19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget ftp command options

Hi, I am using mget ftp command to pull a bunch of zip files from Windows to local unix machines. It is working fine as follows. -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 614 Aug 19 13:13 02034128.zip -rw------- 1 autosys autosys 1866 Aug 19 13:13 02034127.zip -rw------- 1 autosys ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spatra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

No return code in ftp mget script

I have a automated FTP script that gets a file using mget. I am using mget because the date will change on the file frequently. The mget works, however if I incorrectly type the file (e.g. if I want to get /dog123 and I enter /dg*) I do not receive and error code from in the FTP session. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dog123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp-mget

For the below mentioned code..Files are getting transferred from first mget statement alone ie from /home/Arun/*EF01/...Could someone help me regarding this ftp -vn <<EOD >$LOG open user lcd ascii mget /home/Arun/*EF01/GLHEC* mget /home/Arun/*EF03/GLHEC* mget... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
3 Replies

5. AIX

ftp mget directory

Hi, I have searched everywhere for an answer to this question but couldn't find one so I ask it here. From an AIX 5.3 machine I ftp to another AIX 5.3 server. I want to get all files and only files in a directory. This directory has a subdirectory with files in it. In ftp, I enter the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheinsius
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with ftp mget

Hi I am trying to ftp all the files from a directory in server2 to server1 (both unix) The below code is in server1 ftpfile=/home/anitha/ftptxt echo cd mydir >>$ftpfile echo mget *.* >>$ftpfile cat $ftpfile | ftp -i server2 mydir is a directory in server2 and there are some test files in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp mget exclusion question

In the script I am doing a mget for multiple files. How can I exclude just one file which I do not need to ftp ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd

Hi everyone, I have an Linux FTP script to get files from different AS400 mailboxes and store in different local directories. I had to use mget * option becuase there is no fixed destination file name means filename can change. The following FTP script is working fine if we have single file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oravikiran
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Prompt problem while using mget to ftp

I am writing a scritp in which first step is to get some files from a server. I am using mget to do that. here is my FTP code ... HOST="XXX.XXX.com" 28 ftp -inv $HOST <<END &> $FTP_LOG 29 quote USER $USER 30 quote PASS $PASWD 31 cd log 32 prompt off 33 binary 34 mget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashidhar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to specify more then one pattern in a single mget statement of ftp command?

hi, i am using ftp command to get some files from a remote server. if the remote server contains files of different extension. abc.txt def.txt ghi.lst jkl.cnf is it possible to get all the three type of files in one ftp? i am using this ftp command $FTP $Remote_server <<_FTP1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies
dircmp(1)							   User Commands							 dircmp(1)

NAME
dircmp - directory comparison SYNOPSIS
dircmp [-ds] [-w n] dir1 dir2 DESCRIPTION
The dircmp command examines dir1 and dir2 and generates various tabulated information about the contents of the directories. Listings of files that are unique to each directory are generated for all the options. If no option is entered, a list is output indicating whether the file names common to both directories have the same contents. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d Compares the contents of files with the same name in both directories and output a list telling what must be changed in the two files to bring them into agreement. The list format is described in diff(1). -s Suppresses messages about identical files. -w n Changes the width of the output line to n characters. The default width is 72. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: dir1 A path name of a directory to be compared. dir2 USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of dircmp when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of dircmp: LC_COLLATE, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. (Differences in directory contents are not considered errors.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 1995 dircmp(1)