Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install a new disk - i'm a total novice Post 49021 by AJD on Tuesday 23rd of March 2004 08:27:30 PM
Old 03-23-2004
Computer THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You're a star. Those documents had everything i needed and now i'm well and truely on the way. They certainly cater for 'idiots!'

I owe you a beer!

Andy

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check total allocated external disk in unix

hi guys im new here, would like to ask what is the syntax or how could i check the total allocated external disk in HP-UX??? ive check the allocated size using SAM, but in some servers the SAM hangs when checking the disk space. So i would like to know using command line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
3 Replies

2. AIX

used PPs not match the total disk space showed by df

Hi, I see from lsvg the total used PPs is 1050 (67200 megabytes), but when I check the disk space with df command I can only see 31G total space, can somebody tell how this come? Thanks! Victor # lsvg rootvg # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

4. Solaris

swap size, total disk space

Hi experts, In my solaris system when i run the command df -h i got the below response.I have some confusion which i want to share with you guys.1)there are two SWAP file system shows are they same or different?2)if i want to count the total disk space should i take both the swap space or only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafiassam
2 Replies

5. Solaris

command to get the total disk space (available + free)

is there a command to get the total disk space (available + free) on the solaris server ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check total disk usage ?

Hi.. What is the command to check total disk usage for specific directory in MG/GB/Byte ? As example i want to check disk usage for directory pproc ? Please help me.. Thank you, Baharin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display total hard disk size?

Hi, Using Redhat, how do I display total hard disk size? I know how to do that in Solaris, you can type, format. It will show how big the disks are. This is what I did so for. $ df -t ext3 -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. AIX

Topas total Disk Busy %

Hi Everyone, anyone know how to derive the value for the total disk busy % (shown in topas ) ? Thanks. Best Regards, ckwan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in getting total Disk space using iostat -En command

Hi Everyone, I try to calculate the total hard disk space of a solaris machine using iostat -En command. Iterating the output and summing up all the number present near the Size: will give the exact size of the harddisk. But it is not working for a machine. This command works in many flavors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to count total HDD size of disk?

Hi, I am trying to fetch total HDD size through command line on solaris machine: bash-3.2# iostat -E sd0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: VMware Product: Virtual disk Revision: 1.0 Serial No: Size: 42.95GB <42949672448 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
uubp(1C)																  uubp(1C)

NAME
uubp - Unix-to-Unix beer protocol SYNOPSIS
uubp [-acefghlqy] site DESCRIPTION
Uubp allows the user to transfer beer, ale, or other fermented grain beverages between network sites. Using TCP/IP (telecommunication pro- tocol for imbibing pilsners), uubp encodes beer from a local file system into packets suitable for FTP (fermentation transfer protocol) delivery at a remote IP site. Example: % uubp -c"AMBER" -f0.7 -y0 -q2 198.137.240.100 The preceding example sends two six-packs (-q2) of amber ale (-c"AMBER") with a fizziness quotient of 70%, brewed using yeast of type 0 (saccharomyces cerevisiae) to PI address 198.137.240.100, which is the IP address of the White House. RESTRICTIONS
Both source and destination sites must be running uubp-daemon. In addition, local restriction exist in many areas for the transportation alkohol across state lines. The Electronic Frontier Foundation is currently involved in litigation to ensure the ability to distribute beer through the uubp protocol according to the 21st Amendment. To support the SIG of EFF devoted to this cause, join the Homebrewers of the Electronic Frontier Engaged in Winning Electronic Independence and Zeroing Establishment Nonsense (HEFEWEIZEN), or send mail to hefeweizen@eff.eff.org. Be sure to include the entire text of this manual page. NOTES
Have a homebrew! Communication Commands uubp(1C)