Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Install a new disk - i'm a total novice Post 49021 by AJD on Tuesday 23rd of March 2004 08:27:30 PM
Old 03-23-2004
Computer THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

You're a star. Those documents had everything i needed and now i'm well and truely on the way. They certainly cater for 'idiots!'

I owe you a beer!

Andy

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check total allocated external disk in unix

hi guys im new here, would like to ask what is the syntax or how could i check the total allocated external disk in HP-UX??? ive check the allocated size using SAM, but in some servers the SAM hangs when checking the disk space. So i would like to know using command line. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
3 Replies

2. AIX

used PPs not match the total disk space showed by df

Hi, I see from lsvg the total used PPs is 1050 (67200 megabytes), but when I check the disk space with df command I can only see 31G total space, can somebody tell how this come? Thanks! Victor # lsvg rootvg # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 - How to find the total size of my hard disk?

Friends, I have an 80 GB HDD, but I wish to know if there is a direct command in Solaris 10 to find out the size of my hard disk (similar to fdisk -l in Linux). Thank you saagar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

4. Solaris

swap size, total disk space

Hi experts, In my solaris system when i run the command df -h i got the below response.I have some confusion which i want to share with you guys.1)there are two SWAP file system shows are they same or different?2)if i want to count the total disk space should i take both the swap space or only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafiassam
2 Replies

5. Solaris

command to get the total disk space (available + free)

is there a command to get the total disk space (available + free) on the solaris server ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhiroracle
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check total disk usage ?

Hi.. What is the command to check total disk usage for specific directory in MG/GB/Byte ? As example i want to check disk usage for directory pproc ? Please help me.. Thank you, Baharin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display total hard disk size?

Hi, Using Redhat, how do I display total hard disk size? I know how to do that in Solaris, you can type, format. It will show how big the disks are. This is what I did so for. $ df -t ext3 -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

8. AIX

Topas total Disk Busy %

Hi Everyone, anyone know how to derive the value for the total disk busy % (shown in topas ) ? Thanks. Best Regards, ckwan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckwan
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem in getting total Disk space using iostat -En command

Hi Everyone, I try to calculate the total hard disk space of a solaris machine using iostat -En command. Iterating the output and summing up all the number present near the Size: will give the exact size of the harddisk. But it is not working for a machine. This command works in many flavors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasankn
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to count total HDD size of disk?

Hi, I am trying to fetch total HDD size through command line on solaris machine: bash-3.2# iostat -E sd0 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0 Vendor: VMware Product: Virtual disk Revision: 1.0 Serial No: Size: 42.95GB <42949672448 bytes> Media Error: 0 Device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
DBIx::DBStag::SQLTemplate(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    DBIx::DBStag::SQLTemplate(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::DBStag::SQLTemplate - A Template for an SQL query SYNOPSIS
# find template by name $template = $dbh->find_template("mydb-personq"); # execute this template, filling in the 'name' attribute $xml = $dbh->selectall_xml(-template=>$template, -bind=>{name => "fred"}); DESCRIPTION
A template represents a canned query that can be parameterized. Templates are collected in directories (in future it will be possible to store them in files or in the db itself). To tell DBStag where your templates are, you should set: setenv DBSTAG_TEMPLATE_DIRS "$HOME/mytemplates:/data/bioconf/templates" Your templates should end with the suffix .stg, otherwise they will not be picked up You can name templates any way you like, but the standard way is to use 2 or 3 fields SCHEMA-OBJECT or SCHEMA-OBJECT-QUALIFIERS (with underscores used within fields) A template file should contain at minimum some SQL; for example: Example template 1 SELECT studio.*, movie.*, star.* FROM studio NATURAL JOIN movie NATURAL JOIN movie_to_star NATURAL JOIN star WHERE [movie.genre = &genre&] [star.lastname = &lastname&] USE NESTING (set(studio(movie(star)))) Thats all! However, there are ways to make your template more useful Example template 2 :SELECT studio.*, movie.*, star.* :FROM studio NATURAL JOIN movie NATURAL JOIN movie_to_star NATURAL JOIN star :WHERE [movie.genre = &genre&] [star.lastname = &lastname&] :USE NESTING (set(studio(movie(star)))) // schema: movie desc: query for fetching movies By including : at the beginning it makes it easier for parsers to assemble SQL (this is not necessary for DBStag however) After the // you can add tag: value data. You should set schema: if you want the template to be available to users of a db that conforms to that schema GETTING A TEMPLATE The DBIx::DBStag object gives various methods for fetching templates by name, by database or by schema VARIABLES WHERE clause variables in the template look like this &foo& variables are bound at query time my $set = $dbh->selectall_stag(-template=>$t, -bind=>["bar"]); or my $set = $dbh->selectall_stag(-template=>$t, -bind=>{foo=>"bar"}); If the former is chosen, variables are bound from the bind list as they are found OPTIONAL BLOCKS WHERE [ foo = &foo& ] If foo is not bound then the part between the square brackets is left out Multiple option blocks are ANDed together An option block need not contain a variable - if it contains no &variable& name it is automatically ANDed BINDING OPERATORS The operator can be bound at query time too WHERE [ foo => &foo& ] Will become either WHERE foo = ? or WHERE foo LIKE ? or WHERE foo IN (f0, f1, ..., fn) Depending on whether foo contains the % character, or if foo is bound to an ARRAY METHODS
name Usage - $name = $template->name Returns - str Args - every template has a name that (should) uniquely identify it desc Usage - $desc = $template->desc Returns - str Args - templates have optional descriptions get_varnames Usage - $varnames = $template->get_varnames Returns - listref of strs Args - Returns the names of all variable used in this template WEBSITE
<http://stag.sourceforge.net> AUTHOR
Chris Mungall <cjm@fruitfly.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Chris Mungall This module is free software. You may distribute this module under the same terms as perl itself perl v5.12.4 2010-02-01 DBIx::DBStag::SQLTemplate(3pm)