Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copying file from Unix workspace to Windows Network Post 49002 by Ygor on Tuesday 23rd of March 2004 11:10:36 AM
Old 03-23-2004
You could use ftp from the windows command-line or try entering...

ftp://user:password@server/path/to/home/directory/

...into the address line of your browser.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

send file from UNIX to windows across network

Is there an easy way (besides samba) to send a file from a unix server to a win98 machine across a network. I am on a SCO server and need to send the file to a windows machine so the program on the machine does not keep on looking for it on my server. It checks for a new file every couple of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umpi_97
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a Unix Server to a Windows 2000 Network

Hi everyone Firstly I apologise for my total lack of knowledge about UNIX. Its unfortunately something I have never had any exposure to (Until Now). I administer a smallish Windows 2000 network with all the usual bits and pieces that involves, and have been given the task of joining a Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maestro
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to map unix network dirver in windows

Hi, boss i have question about to how can i map the unix(solaris8) network driver in window. how to config the sorlaris system? thanks very waiting online................... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surainbow
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying from unix to windows

Hi, I am new to shell scripting, I want to copy some imp files from solaris server to windows server in a particular directory,username and password should be inside script and i want to it should copy output of some commands to windows server.first it will copy output of command to file then... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from UNIX to windows using FTP

Hi, I want to transfer the approx 10k files available on UNIX Server to Windows Server using FTP Command. is it possible? how ? Thanks in advance. Sachin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssachins
1 Replies

6. AIX

Help with copying file from AIX to Windows

Dear All, I am in need of your help again. I want to copy a file from AIX to Windows. I was able do the same with WinSCP but not able to do with any commands. I have tried ftp, scp and scp2 but nothing worked. Can anyone suggest me a command on how to copy/move a file from AIX to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tenderfoot
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error copying files from Unix (Solaris10) to Windows Server 2003 using scp/sftp

Hi, I have generated a Public/Private Key Pair in Solaris Unix (source) server and deployed the Public key in Windows 2003(target) server .ssh directory of user profile. When i try to connect(ssh, scp, sftp) from Unix, i'm getting below error message. Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarb
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem copying files from windows to unix

Hello, I want some directions for a command inside a shell script which would copy files from some path on my windows os (say my documents) to the path where my shell script is saved and I want it to exit the sftp session and continue executing the remaining lines in my shell script after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishwa308
2 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network programming on UNIX env on windows

Hi, I have to start doing network programming in C/Unix but I have windows installed. Could someone please guide me how to set up the environment best suited for the networking programming? Regards Vinayak (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayakj20
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for copying files from windows to UNIX

Hi guys Let me start by saying that I'm a newbie, so feel free to point me to any good reading material. What I wanted to do is copy some specific files from windows to unix. Let me elaborate my view. Let's say I have some directory tree in unix, CHO-species/C2H1O1/ VAS-S005-001-Ru444/OPT-0/,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
16 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)