Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Cylinder Group Size reduces in UFS. Post 48832 by rhfrommn on Thursday 18th of March 2004 09:56:54 AM
Old 03-18-2004
I'm not sure what this is, but if I had to guess I'd say those short groups are where the backup superblocks are. It reserves a certain amount of space for those maybe.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check size of Volume Group

Did anyone knows how to check size/usage of a Volume Group in AIX 4.3.3? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Size limitations with ufs/disk suite on Solaris 8?

I tried to build a 1.3 TB volume with disk suite, and recieved an error (don't remember the exact verbage, it was very late). It only built a 1 TB volume. newfs completed without error. I rebuilt the volume to be just under 1TB, and all was fine. Is there a limitation with disk suite, or ufs, that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increasing ufs file system size in solaris

How do i increase the filesystem size on a root partition? There is a slice with root on it, its like 2 gigs and nothing else is broken out except home. I want to increase root filesystem (and slice) and break out /usr and /var. This is solaris 9, only has solaris volume manager on it. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

4. AIX

Volume Group Size

Hello, Can somebody please help. I'm able to view volume groups by using the command "lsvg", how can I view what space is available to that particular volume group Many Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ugxd14
3 Replies

5. AIX

max size of a group in /etc/group

I have several AIX servers running 5.2. What is the default max size for a group in /etc/group? How do I change the default max size for a group to be unlimited (if possible)? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

6. AIX

Volume Group - PP Size

Hi Friends- We know that the Max PP size in a Normal VG and Big VG is 1 GB and in case of scalable VG it is 128 G. My Questions: 1) What is the min PP size allowed for Normal VG, Big VG and Scalable VG? 2) Why is the max PP Size in Normal and Big VG is 1 G and 128 G in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deshaipet
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

block group size of a filesystem

How can I determine the block group size of my filesystem, in case I would like to determine where my backup superblocks are? Or how can I determine the location of my backup superblock? If usually, for the block group size of 1k, the alternate superblock will be at block 8193. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
2 Replies

8. Solaris

free size of disk group

Hello Good morning all, Am not understanding the size of subdisk & group(length &offset).how we need to calculate this? Can anyone suggest me ? Thanks, Gowtham ---------- Post updated at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 08:30 AM ---------- I got the answer ... if want the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Increase Size of a Volume Group

Hi I have hp-ux 10.20 I have have my operating system VG of 7 GB in a 36Gb disk. So I have like 29GB of unused disk space. There is any way to increase my VG size, or to add another VG in the same disk so I can use all the disk space? Another question, what is the maximun size that a VG can ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmoren
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Possible to increase swap size for existing UFS-based drive slice?

I like to increase swap size for my current server running solaris 10. Seems like the system is not using it's full 16G of physical memory. #swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 32,1 16 1058288 1058288 # swap -s total: 4125120k bytes... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: JT-KGY
17 Replies
partition(5)							File Formats Manual						      partition(5)

NAME
partition - display information about the Partition Command Line Interface SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This manpage gives a listing and brief description of the commands which are used to manage a partitionable system. | Command | Description -----------+---------------------------------------------------- cplxmodify | Modify an existing complex. | parconfig | Provides a recommended nPartition configuration. | parcreate | Create a new partition. | parmodify | Modify an existing partition. | parolrad | Activate and Deactivate cell online. | parstatus | Display partition and available resources informa- | tion for a partitionable system. | parremove | Remove an existing partition. | parunlock | Unlock the Stable Complex Configuration Data or | Partition Configuration Data. | fruled | Turn attention LEDs on/off for cells, cabinets and | I/O chassis. | frupower | Turn power on/off for cells and I/O chassis. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
fruled(1), parstatus(1), cplxmodify(1M), frupower(1M), parconfig(1M), parcreate(1M), parmgr(1M), parmodify(1M), parolrad(1M), par- remove(1M), parunlock(1M). on partition(5)