Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris MTU setting - solaris 9 how to check?? Post 48804 by RTM on Wednesday 17th of March 2004 07:57:55 AM
Old 03-17-2004
Also, as root, ifconfig -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Check Duplex setting of intrerface card ?

Hi there, On solaris 8, hat is the command to show the duplex and speed of the attached network cards ?? Alos , if its not what I want ....what command can i use to reconfigure it cheers (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

2. Solaris

MTU Value

Hi guys, Do anyone know how to change the MTU value on an interface on Solaris 10 server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

how to find MTU size on solaris.

How do i find the MTU size on solaris, which file to look into. Please help I'm a newbie to administration. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp - permission setting check

Hello, I am doing a transfer of a file from one HP-UX ( umask : 033 ) server to another HP-UX server ( umask : 033 ) and file got transferred sucessfully. However I could see the file permission gets changed at the receiving end. Would like to know the reason for that? Details below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

check remote switch port speed setting

Hi, Someone told me how to check the remote switch port's speed setting on the other end of the cable, from linux. I forgot it. Anyone knows? I checked dmesg, ethtool (haven't checked this out thoroughly) , no luck. thanks, Marc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

MTU size

Hi, Just want to ask on how to check and change the MTU size of the nodes from 1500 to 9000? I need to match the MTU size of some cluster nodes which has 1500 to the others with 9000 because they are inconsistent. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: criphaze22
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Packet Length greater than MTU

Hello, I would appreciate some help with the following. We have 3 SUN X4450 servers, each of these servers talk to each other, one is an application server the other is a database server and the third is a web server. We also have numerous workstation and ACD connections. When I snoop the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

IPV6 very slow, not respecting MTU??

Hi, Curious problem with IPV6. Situation is wget request from squid proxy via intermediate router. With IPV4 (wget -4) speed is ~100MB/sec. With IPV6 (wget -6) it drops to 30KB/sec. Examining the traffic with tcpdump shows that the squid box is regularly sending out over-sized packets (>MTU)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jusme
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MTU setting for IRIX

Couldn't find an IRIX forum, so I'm posting to this one... Just had our SAs rebuild an IRIX machine and now I need to set the MTU to 1344 (vice 1500 default). I can set it manually using the ifconfig command, but it won't survive a reboot. I made an entry into the /etc/init.d/ifconfig-1.options... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Set MTU value for ipv6 interfaces

Hi, I am trying to set mtu value for ipv6 interfaces. I know how to set it for ipv4 interfaces ifconfig net1 mtu 1240 Do I need to add any iptype for the above command ? Note: OS:Solaris 10 TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
3 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)