Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Results for Linux Benchmarks
UNIX Standards and Benchmarks UNIX & LINUX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) Linux Benchmarks Results for Linux Benchmarks Post 48537 by Neo on Tuesday 9th of March 2004 07:18:52 PM
Old 03-09-2004
Did you recompile the binary?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Linux mail servers benchmarks (Qmail, Sendmail,Postfix)

New Linux mail servers benchmarks website. Check out http://benchmarks.dmz.ro . (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cipango
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. Linux Benchmarks

Linux Benchmarks Makes No Sense

I created two computers with identical hardware, and run the benchmark programs in both starting at the same exact time. What makes no sense is that the computer that has the lower average index (121) finished the race a good 30 minutes ahead of the computer wich showed the higher avg index... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: philip_38
0 Replies

5. Linux

How I will check wheather my linux benchmark results are OK

My system bench mark results INDEX VALUES TEST BASELINE RESULT INDEX Arithmetic Test (type = double) 2541.7 876123.7 344.7 Dhrystone 2 without register variables 22366.3 5411602.3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandra s
1 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Original (Archive) Site for Linux Benchmarks

FYI: Here is the archive site for the original Linux benchmarks (1994 - 1996) http://linux.silkroad.com/ Neo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

linux ISQL and MSSQL unload results to file

Hello, I am using suse 10.1 and isql from unixodbc to connect to a MS SQL server. I got everything to work fine. What do I need to unload the results from the sql to a file? I attempted to put unload to in my sql statement but got a error. I don't see in the isql help where it has a option to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benefactr
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script - Crazy results

Here is my script: # # Capture the current directory. export -p CurrentDir="`pwd`" echo $CurrentDir # # Capture the new directory name in the form YYYYMMDD. export -p DateDir="`date +"%Y%m%d"`" echo $DateDir # # Store the desired target directory. export -p... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: imprimisxo
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Linux ls -L Results

I seem to be somewhat baffled by the results of the -L option of the ls command on our new Linux system. I have a symbolic link defined like the following: ptmawpmfld.sqr as /u21/xxxx/m/moranp1/yyyy/fixpaths/tests20091218/awpmfld.sqr When I issue the command ls -l ptmawpmfld.sqr, I see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptmoran
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

LINUX SORT command chops results

I am trying to sort a file . The file looks like this: DDFF 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFQ 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDFX 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load DDUA 2 /ztpfrepos/pgr/load My command: sort -k1 /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt -o /home/c153507/Bin/OPL1.txt The results are OK except for one line where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yahalom
4 Replies
SIEVEC(1)							    Pigeonhole								 SIEVEC(1)

NAME
sievec - Pigeonhole's Sieve script compiler SYNOPSIS
sievec [options] script-file [out-file] DESCRIPTION
The sievec command is part of the Pigeonhole Project (pigeonhole(7)), which adds Sieve (RFC 5228) support to the Dovecot secure IMAP and POP3 server (dovecot(1)). Using the sievec command, Sieve scripts can be compiled into a binary representation. The resulting binary can be used directly to process e-mail messages during the delivery process. The delivery of mail messages and - by means of the LDA Sieve plugin - also the execution of Sieve scripts is performed by Dovecot's local delivery agent (LDA) called dovecot-lda(1). Usually, it is not necessary to compile the Sieve script manually using sievec, because dovecot-lda will do this automatically if the binary is missing. However, in some cases dove- cot-lda does not have permission to write the compiled binary to disk, forcing it to recompile the script every time it is executed. Using the sievec tool, this can be performed manually by an authorized user to increase performance. The Pigeonhole Sieve implementation recognizes files with a .sieve extension as Sieve scripts and corresponding files with a .svbin exten- sion as the associated compiled binary. This means for example that Dovecot's LDA process will first look for a binary file "dovecot.svbin" when it needs to execute "dovecot.sieve". It will compile a new binary when it is missing or outdated. The sievec command is also useful to verify Sieve scripts before using. Additionally, with the -d option it can output a textual (and thus human-readable) dump of the generated Sieve code to the specified file. The output is then identical to what the sieve-dump(1) command pro- duces for a stored binary file. This output is mainly useful to find bugs in the compiler that yield corrupt binaries. OPTIONS
-c config-file Alternative Dovecot configuration file path. -d Don't write the binary to out-file, but write a textual dump of the binary instead. In this context, the out-file value '-' has spe- cial meaning: it causes the the textual dump to be written to stdout. The out-file argument may also be omitted, which has the same effect as '-'. The output is identical to what the sieve-dump(1) command produces for a compiled Sieve binary file. Note that this option is not allowed when the out-file argument is a directory. -D Enable Sieve debugging. -x extensions Set the available extensions. The parameter is a space-separated list of the active extensions. By prepending the extension identi- fiers with + or -, extensions can be included or excluded relative to the configured set of active extensions. If no extensions have a + or - prefix, only those extensions that are explicitly listed will be enabled. Unknown extensions are ignored and a warning is produced. For example -x "+imapflags -enotify" will enable the deprecated imapflags extension and disable the enotify extension. The rest of the active extensions depends on the sieve_extensions and sieve_global_extensions settings. By default, i.e. when sieve_extensions and sieve_global_extensions remain unconfigured, all supported extensions are available, except for deprecated extensions or those that are still under development. ARGUMENTS
script-file Specifies the script to be compiled. If the script-file argument is a directory, all files in that directory with a .sieve extension are compiled into a corresponding .svbin binary file. The compilation is not halted upon errors; it attempts to compile as many scripts in the directory as possible. Note that the -d option and the out-file argument are not allowed when the script-file argu- ment is a directory. out-file Specifies where the (binary) output is to be written. This argument is optional. If this argument is omitted, a binary compiled from <scriptname>.sieve is saved as <scriptname>.svbin. If this argument is omitted and -b is specified, the binary dump is output to stdout. EXIT STATUS
sievec will exit with one of the following values: 0 Compile was successful. (EX_OK, EXIT_SUCCESS) 1 Operation failed. This is returned for almost all failures. (EXIT_FAILURE) 64 Invalid parameter given. (EX_USAGE) FILES
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf Dovecot's main configuration file. /etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-sieve.conf Sieve interpreter settings (included from Dovecot's main configuration file) REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting Dovecot and Pigeonhole bugs is available at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
dovecot(1), dovecot-lda(1), sieve-dump(1), sieve-filter(1), sieve-test(1), pigeonhole(7) Pigeonhole for Dovecot v2.2 2013-05-09 SIEVEC(1)