Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getting data list into a hash array Post 48483 by cbkihong on Tuesday 9th of March 2004 07:35:57 AM
Old 03-09-2004
Okay. <> reads line by line, and therefore the thingy to be split() is actually just a single line, and there is no space to split (default split character is a space), so you get that funny result.

Just use a boolean counter to track whether you are reading an odd/even numbered (and that in turn tells whether that line is a name or extension) then, if that is a name, then output "Name:" and then the name read. otherwise "Ext:" and the extension printed. An if-else loop inside the while(<>) loop should be sufficient already.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hash within array, within hash, within array...

I have a little problem. To keep a configuration simple, I've exceeded my perl knowledge. :-) I've worked with multi-dimentional arrays before, but this one has me beat: @info = ( { 'defval' => 'abc' 'stats' = ( { 'name' => 'a', }, { 'name' =>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsmoriss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv into Hash array?

Hi all experts, May I know how to read a csv file and read the content in a hash in PERL? Currently, I hard-coded and defined it in my code. I wanna know how to make up the %mymap hash thru reading the cfg.txt ==== csv file(cfg.txt): 888,444 999,333 === #!/usr/bin/perl my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kinmak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Entire hash list (hash of hashes)

I have a script with dynamic hash of hashes , and I want to print the entire hash (with all other hashes). Itried to do it recursively by checking if the current key is a hash and if yes call the current function again with refference to the sub hash. Most of the printing seems to be OK but in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

6. Web Development

Intersection and union of array by hash

Hi, A piece of script from Perl-cookbook I do not understand, and post here for explanation. The purpose is to find the element in either array (union), and in both array (intersection). Thank you in advance. @a=qw(1 3 5 6 7 8); @b=qw(2 3 5 7 9); foreach $e (@a, @b) {$union{$e}++ &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Can't coerce array into hash at

Hi guys I have this part of a perl script that returns and odd error if ($args{software}) { print " @DISTFILE_GROUPS $output->{distfile_groups}->{ get_rdist_groups}\n"; and the error is Can't coerce array into hash at i've never seed this error before, any ideas thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

10. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies
Config::Model::HashId(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Config::Model::HashId(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::HashId - Handle hash element for configuration model VERSION
version 2.021 SYNOPSIS
See "SYNOPSIS" in Config::Model::AnyId DESCRIPTION
This class provides hash elements for a Config::Model::Node. The hash index can either be en enumerated type, a boolean, an integer or a string. CONSTRUCTOR
HashId object should not be created directly. Hash model declaration See model declaration section from Config::Model::AnyId. Methods get_type Returns "hash". fetch_size Returns the number of elements of the hash. firstkey Returns the first key of the hash. Behaves like "each" core perl function. nextkey Returns the next key of the hash. Behaves like "each" core perl function. swap ( key1 , key2 ) Swap the order of the 2 keys. Ignored for non ordered hash. move ( key1 , key2 ) Rename key1 in key2. move_after ( key_to_move [ , after_this_key ] ) Move the first key after the second one. If the second parameter is omitted, the first key is placed in first position. Ignored for non ordered hash. move_up ( key ) Move the key up in a ordered hash. Attempt to move up the first key of an ordered hash will be ignored. Ignored for non ordered hash. move_down ( key ) Move the key down in a ordered hash. Attempt to move up the last key of an ordered hash will be ignored. Ignored for non ordered hash. load_data ( hash_ref | array_ref ) Load check_list as a hash ref for standard hash. Ordered hash should be loaded with an array ref or with a hash containing a special "__order" element. E.g. loaded with either: [ a => 'foo', b => 'bar' ] or { __order => ['a','b'], b => 'bar', a => 'foo' } AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont, (ddumont at cpan dot org) SEE ALSO
Config::Model, Config::Model::Instance, Config::Model::AnyId, Config::Model::ListId, Config::Model::Value perl v5.14.2 2012-11-09 Config::Model::HashId(3pm)