Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with directory management Post 48219 by richardspence2 on Monday 1st of March 2004 11:03:09 AM
Old 03-01-2004
Question Help with directory management

Hey guys.... I'm new to the unix environment. I'm trying to formulate a code with which I'm clueless. I want to write a code to save file(s) which were copied into a separate directory in my home directory with copied files having the same permissions both before and after they were copied.

If anyone can send send a copy of an example to me, I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance to anyone who is reading this....

Looking forward to your responses.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

User Management

Can someone suggest me any means of having a controlled way to user access ... basically we have a varied environment of people(users) logging in to AIX boxes ... either via 1) telnet ... 2) application 3) databse (SQL's) what we need to do is formalise this .. can someone help me with this ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
2 Replies

2. Programming

Need to know about Event Management

Hi I need to understand abt Event Management Library for example..A module will be responsible for Handling the event posted by the other modules...and creating a new process for handling the event posted by the other modules..also after completing the event clearing of the event... Need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

string management

I want to prompt for a full name, then select the surname from the full name. Then address the person as the surname entered in the fullname (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orjnet
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Software management HP/UX 9.00

Hello, all! I'm newbie in HP/UX and at my job I'm dealing with HP/UX 9.00. Due this OS is an old one, I couldn't find some info, concretely, about software management on it. Can you please help me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Che_G
5 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Password management / centralized password management

Hello all, I need help for build server call as Password management / centralized password management server. My situation and example: I have 600 server in my server room running on Linux then I need 1 server only can create login/password and then user can login to all 600 server no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheikh76
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Patch Management

HI all, As per the audit policy, patch has to be apply periodically, but in my scenerio, it has been applied lastly in the year 2010. Using HP UX 11.11, 11.21 and 11.31 I would like to know, how to identify the patches which are need to update, what will be the procedure to update, how to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

IP Management

Hello all, I was wondering which way do you use to manage you IPs? For example in our case we have excel sheets and we export them in html first and import it to a server running apache, so to be visible from all. But i was wondering if there are any way (prefer a way running in web server)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password management

You know those lists of "the most common passwords"? I was looking at one of those because I actually want to use a really common password or two on occasion. The thing is I'm skeptical that these are legitimate lists. Most things these days require at least 8 chars with a numeral. But these lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jutnobs
1 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Individual Risk Management (Personal IT Security) and Browser Cache Management

Original post from this thread on browser caching. To add to this, it is an effective security measure to clear absolutely all cached data (cookies, web content, ....) when closing the browser - i.e. in case of a shutdown. It takes a bit of work to re-login to all the sites but websites will not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
7 Replies
FLAMEROBIN(1)						   Firebird Administration Tool 					     FLAMEROBIN(1)

NAME
flamerobin -- management and data manipulation tool for the Firebird DBMS SYNOPSIS
flamerobin [-h directory | --home=directory] [-uh directory | --user-home=directory] DESCRIPTION
flamerobin is a graphical frontend to the Firebird DBMS. It is small and simple, yet offers all the basic features needed to create and manipulate databases, execute queries and perform administrative tasks. This manual page only documents the run-time options and environment of flamerobin. Information about using the GUI may be obtained by selecting the Help -> Manual menu item once the application is running. flamerobin uses two directory hierarchies for its normal operation. The data directory contains the templates for property pages, the default configuration and the on-line documentation grouped into three sub-directories as follows: conf-defs default configuration docs on-line documentation html-templates templates for property pages The user home directory contains the per-user configuration, comprising three entries: fr_databases.conf this file stores the user's registered databases. fr_settings.conf this file stores the user's preferences related to the flamerobin GUI. history this directory holds the SQL statement history, one item per file. flamerobin accepts several options, which are described as follows: -h directory --home=directory Use directory as the data directory (but see ENVIRONMENT below). -uh directory --user-home=directory Use directory as the user home directory (but see ENVIRONMENT and CAVEATS below). ENVIRONMENT
FR_HOME Specifies an alternate location for the flamerobin data directory. If both -h (or --home) and this environment variable are set, the command line argument takes precedence. FR_USER_HOME Specifies an alternate location for the flamerobin user home directory. If both -uh (or --user-home) and this environment variable are set, the command line argument takes precedence. FILES
/usr/share/flamerobin The default flamerobin data directory. ~/.flamerobin The default flamerobin user home directory. AUTHORS
flamerobin was written by The FlameRobin Development Team <http://www.flamerobin.org/>. CAVEATS
flamerobin only writes files under the user home directory. If flamerobin is configured so that this directory and the files contained therein are shared among several users or concurrent instances of flamerobin, no precaution is taken to avoid overwriting settings created by other users or other application instances. NOTES
The specification of the data directory and the user home directory (regardless of whether they occur in the environment or on the command line) may be the literal string ``$app'' which translates to a common data folder determined at compilation time, or ``$user'' which trans- lates to the user local data directory. These options currently have effect only on Windows platform. FlameRobin 0.7 April 12, 2006 FlameRobin 0.7