Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SMTP going to Junk Mail
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SMTP going to Junk Mail Post 47970 by Optimus_P on Monday 23rd of February 2004 05:56:46 PM
Old 02-23-2004
the reason your emails are getting filtered is not due to the sending side of this equasion, it has to do with the recieving host.
it is flagging it for spam for one reason or another.

The only thing i can suggest is contacting yahoo mail support as they are doing the filtering.

If it is legitimate email then i am sure they can help you.
if it is spam thank gawd they are filtering it out, my inbox gets enuff junk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

SMTP mail

I want to send e-mail from my yahoo account. But mail -s "title" *@yahoo.com < line.txt is from my local address to *@yahoo.com. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail via smtp

Hi Gururs, I have a process on a middelware (SAP XI) that is runnung on HP-UX. This Process is creating a flatfile. Now I want to call a script within the process that sends the created flatfile as attachment via Mail using a smpt-server. The script should have the following input parameters:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elko.hasse
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recover smtp mail text files

Hi All I was wondering if anyone knows how to recover smtp mail text files back into a mail client. I only have the smtp mail text files (eg named 999. etc) and I need to get them visable for the user in his mail client. I can see his other smtp files in his user area on the server but just... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmware
12 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Send mail using SMTP

Hi I need to send email from batch script, using SMTP from my exchange server. Can any one send me command line of that should be non interactive. I did using MAPISEND, but i should not use it for some reasons. I have to send this using SMTP for Microsoft Exchange Server. mapisend -u... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
2 Replies

5. Programming

SMTP mail client C++

Hey Guys, I am writing an SMTP mail client in c++ in unix and it needs to do the following: I need to create a client the client talks to port 25 it sends a hello world message I also need to support and smtpclient class and a clientdriver class I have written the smtpclient class, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcy8096
1 Replies

6. Programming

Send mail via SMTP

If anybody has a c/c++ code of send mail via smtp with or without authorization for Linux, I will be very grateful. Thank's. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyStr
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while sending mail via smtp

Hi All, I used before a simple routine code in tcl to send mail. package require smtp package require mime package require Tcl proc send_simple_message {recipient email_server subject body} { set token mime::setheader $token Subject $subject smtp::sendmessage $token \ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zivsegal
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sent mail in junk folder

Hi, Can any help me? sent mail using Mail::Send is going to to_list junk folder instead of inbox. Can any one pls help me on this. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
2 Replies

9. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Send mail via SMTP

I have a existing perl program , in this program it will output a email address list to a variable ( $email_list ) , mail content to a variable ( $email_content ) , if I want to send all email to these email address with corresponding content , would aadivse how to write a perl script ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
mconnect(1)							   User Commands						       mconnect(1)

NAME
mconnect - connect to SMTP mail server socket SYNOPSIS
mconnect [-p port] [-r] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
The mconnect utility opens a connection to the mail server on a given host, so that it can be tested independently of all other mail soft- ware. If no host is given, the connection is made to the local host. Servers expect to speak the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) on this connection. Exit by typing the quit command. Typing EOF sends an end of file to the server. An interrupt closes the connection immedi- ately and exits. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p port Specify the port number instead of the default SMTP port (number 25) as the next argument. -r "Raw" mode: disable the default line buffering and input handling. This produces an effect similar to telnet(1) to port number 25. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: hostname The name of a given host. USAGE
The mconnect command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.hf help file for SMTP commands ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
telnet(1), sendmail(1M), attributes(5), ip6(7P) Postel, Jonathan B., RFC 821, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol, Information Sciences Institute, University of Southern California, August 1982. SunOS 5.10 9 Nov 1999 mconnect(1)