Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PIpe Spy
Top Forums Programming PIpe Spy Post 47733 by oombera on Tuesday 17th of February 2004 04:14:36 PM
Old 02-17-2004
Re: PIpe Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by jodders
i guess i have to make it an executable C++ file.What data can i put? i could have like a print out "hello world" thing couldn't i ?LIke a very simple command.What do i put in prog2? If its going to pipe to prog2,do i create an empty executable?
Wow, looking at this thread, it's resembling homework more and more... can you tell us what exactly you're trying to do jodders? Like what you're actually trying to accomplish, since no one decides to just create some programs to pipe into each other...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"SPY" script - please help

hello guys, I'm in need of some help with a certain script. The link to my assignment is below...any and all advice/pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanx, Jake Axon http://www.cs.uic.edu/~i101/mp6.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Game spy arcade for halo and macintosh?

I need help i heard you can play halo over online and you have a macintosh version where can I get it please respond (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-spy for UNIX - What is it??

I'm just after finding a file resding in my temporary directory(/tmp) on my machine called 'i-spy' This file is owned by root and ordinary muppets like me cant delete it, open or even do a more or cat on it. I'm running Solaris 2.6 on a Sun Ultra 5. Can anyone out there give me a good... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we spy a tty session?

First of all, in no way I want to use this to hack / cheat / steal etc ... I am an admin of a couple of hundred users which are 99,8% > 500miles away from me and to facilitate some administration part I would like to be able to "spy" what they are doing in there sessions, live. ex: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)