Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PIpe Spy
Top Forums Programming PIpe Spy Post 47697 by norsk hedensk on Tuesday 17th of February 2004 08:17:20 AM
Old 02-17-2004
Quote:
you prog1 and prog2 what type of files should it be?
these can be any executables. see the man pages for 'tee' and it gives a simple example using grep and wc.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

"SPY" script - please help

hello guys, I'm in need of some help with a certain script. The link to my assignment is below...any and all advice/pointers/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanx, Jake Axon http://www.cs.uic.edu/~i101/mp6.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Axon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Game spy arcade for halo and macintosh?

I need help i heard you can play halo over online and you have a macintosh version where can I get it please respond (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: memattmyself
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-spy for UNIX - What is it??

I'm just after finding a file resding in my temporary directory(/tmp) on my machine called 'i-spy' This file is owned by root and ordinary muppets like me cant delete it, open or even do a more or cat on it. I'm running Solaris 2.6 on a Sun Ultra 5. Can anyone out there give me a good... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can we spy a tty session?

First of all, in no way I want to use this to hack / cheat / steal etc ... I am an admin of a couple of hundred users which are 99,8% > 500miles away from me and to facilitate some administration part I would like to be able to "spy" what they are doing in there sessions, live. ex: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: plmachiavel
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace pipe with Broken Pipe

Hi All , Is there any way to replace the pipe ( | ) with the broken pipe (0xA6) in unix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore Pipe in Pipe delimited file?

Hi guys, I need to know how i can ignore Pipe '|' if Pipe is coming as a column in Pipe delimited file for eg: file 1: xx|yy|"xyz|zzz"|zzz|12... using below awk command awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|" } print $3 i would get xyz But i want as : xyz|zzz to consider as whole column... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
13 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)