Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - Emailing MULTIPLE files as attachment Post 47475 by Tonka52 on Wednesday 11th of February 2004 10:41:33 AM
Old 02-11-2004
Thanks

That example should be fine!

Thanks Mate Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 3 Lines to Multiple c and h files with perl

Hello, i need some help with a perl script. i need to add the lines: #ifdef LOGALLOC #include "logalloc.h" #endif // LOGALLOC To all c and h files in a project with subdirectories. Logalloc is a tool to log all *alloc and free's in a text file, it defines the *alloc funtions new.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files and emailing them out

Hello everybody, I'm trying to create a script that will cd into a directory and then copy the file with yesterday's date on it and then cd into another directory doing the same thing. Afterwards, i'm trying to zip up the two files, and email them out to people. Can anyone help? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhofilena
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Files deletion in perl

Hello Friends, I want to delete all the "*.trg" files in a directory but i don't want to do it by system("rm -r *.trg"); Can i do it thru unlink or by any other mean Thanks, Pulkit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pulkit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring & emailing log files

Hi ..first post ! I have a Unix v445 using solaris 10. I've trolled through various web pages but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I have an alert log...or any messages file for that matter I need to check for certain key (error type) phrases - if I find them, they are redirected to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on multiple files

I have a script that runs on one file (at a time). like this: $> perl myscript.pl filename > output How can I run it on >6000 files and have the output sent out into slightly modified file name $> perl myscript 6000files> output6000files.new extension Thanks in anticipation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aritakum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emailing html file as body not attachment

Hi All, I want to send the html file as message body not as an attachment. below is my code.it is printing the html code as it is in the email. your help is needed urgently. VTIER=$ROOTHOME/vtierlist2.txt genhtml=/$ROOTHOME/genhtml.html MAILTO=/$ROOTHOME/maillist SUBJECT="Vtier Usage... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: search replace in multiple files

When I use special characters the command to replace multiple files with a string pattern does nt work. ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:38 AM ---------- This works perl -pi -e 's/100/test/g' * This does nt work perl -pi -e 's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - multiple keys and merging two files

Hi, I'm not a regular coder but some times I write some basic perl script, hence Perl is bit difficult for me :). I'm merging two files a.txt and b.txt into c.txt: a.txt ------ x001;frtb70;xyz;109 x001;frvt65;sec;239 x003;wqax34;jul;659 x004;yhud43;yhn;760 b.txt ------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CLI script for emailing alert if files missing in dir

thread removed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billabongjimmy
4 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3pm)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base - Base class for DBD::Gofer policies SYNOPSIS
$dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Gofer:transport=...;policy=...", ...) DESCRIPTION
DBD::Gofer can be configured via a 'policy' mechanism that allows you to fine-tune the number of round-trips to the Gofer server. The policies are grouped into classes (which may be subclassed) and referenced by the name of the class. The DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base class is the base class for all the policy classes and describes all the individual policy items. The Base policy is not used directly. You should use a policy class derived from it. POLICY CLASSES
Three policy classes are supplied with DBD::Gofer: DBD::Gofer::Policy::pedantic is most 'transparent' but slowest because it makes more round-trips to the Gofer server. DBD::Gofer::Policy::classic is a reasonable compromise - it's the default policy. DBD::Gofer::Policy::rush is fastest, but may require code changes in your applications. Generally the default "classic" policy is fine. When first testing an existing application with Gofer it is a good idea to start with the "pedantic" policy first and then switch to "classic" or a custom policy, for final testing. POLICY ITEMS
These are temporary docs: See the source code for list of policies and their defaults. In a future version the policies and their defaults will be defined in the pod and parsed out at load-time. See the source code to this module for more details. POLICY CUSTOMIZATION
XXX This area of DBD::Gofer is subject to change. There are three ways to customize policies: Policy classes are designed to influence the overall behaviour of DBD::Gofer with existing, unaltered programs, so they work in a reasonably optimal way without requiring code changes. You can implement new policy classes as subclasses of existing policies. In many cases individual policy items can be overridden on a case-by-case basis within your application code. You do this by passing a corresponding "<go_<policy_name">> attribute into DBI methods by your application code. This let's you fine-tune the behaviour for special cases. The policy items are implemented as methods. In many cases the methods are passed parameters relating to the DBD::Gofer code being executed. This means the policy can implement dynamic behaviour that varies depending on the particular circumstances, such as the particular statement being executed. AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.12.3 2007-10-16 DBD::Gofer::Policy::Base(3pm)