Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: APC PowerChute
Operating Systems Solaris APC PowerChute Post 47470 by RTM on Wednesday 11th of February 2004 09:23:07 AM
Old 02-11-2004
And if I remember correctly, if the server only has one port, it is shared as A and B and you need a special cable from Powerchute to make it work on either A or B (your serial ports).

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Openserver 5.07 & APC UPS via USB

I have the latest version of SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I'm trying to install a APC Uninerrupted Power Supply 750EX using the USB port. During the installation it was asking for a port to connect the APC into. The only choices are either tty1a, tty2a, or other. I chose other but it start asking me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PowerChute on SuSe8.1

hiho, i'm the newest newbie using powerchute, so pls help: I installed PowerChute Business Edition Basic on my suse 8.1 pc ---> ok, the deamon is also running.. but now my problem.... how can i configure the software? i tried to execute the .jar files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
3 Replies

3. AIX

PowerChute

I have looked on APC webpage and searched here to find a way to configure powerchute to monitor and shutdown our servers safley when a poweroutage lasts longer then 15 minutes. the documentation i have so far is listed below but i know i am missing a step. I also called APC and they said they do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagink
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet via ssh to an APC UPS

Hello! First post, please be gentle! I have some APC UPS devices that I'm trying to log in to. They are currently configured to use telnet -- as a safety precaution, they can only be accessed from our 'bounce' machine. Because I want to do this from a script on my local machine, I'm doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Korla Plankton
2 Replies
cyclades-devices(5)													       cyclades-devices(5)

NAME
cyclades-devices - tables for driving cyclades-serial-client DESCRIPTION
The cyclades-devices file supplies all mapping between Unix device files (/dev/*) and the addresses of serial ports of Cyclades Terminal Servers. It contains one entry for each serial port, with the following format: device:rastype:rasname:physport:type:options Note: A # character at beginning of line indicates a comment The entry fields are: devname - A full pathname of the file that will be associated to the serial port. It must start with a "/dev/" preffix. Two naming schemes may be used here: - devname does not exist, and will be linked to a free pseudo-tty. This is the default behavior of cyclades-ser- cli. - devname is the name of a valid slave pseudo-tty. In this case, the '-t 1' option must be assigned in options field. (Note: this option is not supported by this release). rastype - Terminal Server type: - prts, for Cyclades Pr302X/TS Terminal Servers. - path, for Cyclades PathRAS Terminal Server. rasname - Host Name or IP Address of the Terminal Server where the serial port resides. physport - Number of physical port in the Terminal Server. If treated as the IP address associated with this port, in a IP-based addressing scheme. type - Server type that will be contacted to handle the serial port: - rtelnet, for Remote Telnet Server - socket, for Socket Server options - Per-port specific options, passed to cyclades-ser-cli program. EXAMPLES
1. Device on a PR3020/TS Terminal Server pr3k Port 1, accessed through /dev/ctty01 device file name, using telnet protocol (remote telnet server) /dev/ctty01:prts:pr3k:1:rtelnet: 2. The same device, but with an IP address pr3k_port1 associated to the serial port (IP-based port addressing) /dev/ctty01:prts:pr3k_port1:0:rtelnet: 3. Device on a PathRAS Terminal Server pr3k Port 2, accessed through /dev/ctty02 device file name, using socket protocol (socket server) /dev/ctty02:path:pr3k:2:socket: FILES
/etc/cyclades-devices This file SEE ALSO
cyclades-serial-client(1), cyclades-ser-cli(1) cyclades-devices(5)