Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - Emailing MULTIPLE files as attachment Post 47455 by Tonka52 on Wednesday 11th of February 2004 04:55:14 AM
Old 02-11-2004
Perl - Emailing MULTIPLE files as attachment

Hi Guys,

I would love an example as to how I can send multiple files in one email using perl. The file types are .csv

I have read that mimencode is required? Is there any other way or is that it?

Thanks Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 3 Lines to Multiple c and h files with perl

Hello, i need some help with a perl script. i need to add the lines: #ifdef LOGALLOC #include "logalloc.h" #endif // LOGALLOC To all c and h files in a project with subdirectories. Logalloc is a tool to log all *alloc and free's in a text file, it defines the *alloc funtions new.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files and emailing them out

Hello everybody, I'm trying to create a script that will cd into a directory and then copy the file with yesterday's date on it and then cd into another directory doing the same thing. Afterwards, i'm trying to zip up the two files, and email them out to people. Can anyone help? thanks a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhofilena
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Files deletion in perl

Hello Friends, I want to delete all the "*.trg" files in a directory but i don't want to do it by system("rm -r *.trg"); Can i do it thru unlink or by any other mean Thanks, Pulkit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pulkit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring & emailing log files

Hi ..first post ! I have a Unix v445 using solaris 10. I've trolled through various web pages but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I have an alert log...or any messages file for that matter I need to check for certain key (error type) phrases - if I find them, they are redirected to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidra
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on multiple files

I have a script that runs on one file (at a time). like this: $> perl myscript.pl filename > output How can I run it on >6000 files and have the output sent out into slightly modified file name $> perl myscript 6000files> output6000files.new extension Thanks in anticipation (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aritakum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl, open multiple files with wildcards

I have a question regarding Perl scripting. If I want to say open files that all look like this and assign them to a filehandle and then assign the filehandle to a variable, how do I do this? The file names are strand1.fa.gz.tmp strand2.fa.gz.tmp strand3.fa.gz.tmp strand4.fa.gz.tmp ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: japaneseguitars
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Emailing html file as body not attachment

Hi All, I want to send the html file as message body not as an attachment. below is my code.it is printing the html code as it is in the email. your help is needed urgently. VTIER=$ROOTHOME/vtierlist2.txt genhtml=/$ROOTHOME/genhtml.html MAILTO=/$ROOTHOME/maillist SUBJECT="Vtier Usage... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbisht9
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: search replace in multiple files

When I use special characters the command to replace multiple files with a string pattern does nt work. ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:38 AM ---------- This works perl -pi -e 's/100/test/g' * This does nt work perl -pi -e 's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - multiple keys and merging two files

Hi, I'm not a regular coder but some times I write some basic perl script, hence Perl is bit difficult for me :). I'm merging two files a.txt and b.txt into c.txt: a.txt ------ x001;frtb70;xyz;109 x001;frvt65;sec;239 x003;wqax34;jul;659 x004;yhud43;yhn;760 b.txt ------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CLI script for emailing alert if files missing in dir

thread removed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billabongjimmy
4 Replies
mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Mod(3MLIB)			    mediaLib Library Functions				 mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Mod(3MLIB)

NAME
mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_U8C_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_U8C_Sat, mlib_VectorMul- Shift_S8_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_S8_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_S8C_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_S8C_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_S16_Mod, mlib_Vec- torMulShift_S16_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_S16C_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_S16C_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_S32_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_S32_Sat, mlib_VectorMulShift_S32C_Mod, mlib_VectorMulShift_S32C_Sat - vector multiplication with shifting, in place SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmlib [ library... ] #include <mlib.h> mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Mod(mlib_u8 *xz, const mlib_u8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Sat(mlib_u8 *xz, const mlib_u8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_U8C_Mod(mlib_u8 *xz, const mlib_u8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_U8C_Sat(mlib_u8 *xz, const mlib_u8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S8_Mod(mlib_s8 *xz, const mlib_s8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S8_Sat(mlib_s8 *xz, const mlib_s8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S8C_Mod(mlib_s8 *xz, const mlib_s8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S8C_Sat(mlib_s8 *xz, const mlib_s8 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S16_Mod(mlib_s16 *xz, const mlib_s16 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S16_Sat(mlib_s16 *xz, const mlib_s16 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S16C_Mod(mlib_s16 *xz, const mlib_s16 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S16C_Sat(mlib_s16 *xz, const mlib_s16 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S32_Mod(mlib_s32 *xz, const mlib_s32 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S32_Sat(mlib_s32 *xz, const mlib_s32 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S32C_Mod(mlib_s32 *xz, const mlib_s32 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); mlib_status mlib_VectorMulShift_S32C_Sat(mlib_s32 *xz, const mlib_s32 *y, mlib_s32 n, mlib_s32 shift); DESCRIPTION
Each of these functions performs an in-place multiplication of two vectors and shifts the result. For real data, the following equation is used: xz[i] = xz[i] * y[i] * 2**(-shift) where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1). For complex data, the following equation is used: tmp = xz[2*i] xz[2*i] = (tmp*y[2*i] - xz[2*i + 1]*y[2*i + 1]) * 2**(-shift) xz[2*i + 1] = (tmp*y[2*i + 1] + xz[2*i + 1]*y[2*i]) * 2**(-shift) where i = 0, 1, ..., (n - 1). PARAMETERS
Each of the functions takes the following arguments: xz Pointer to the first element of the first source and result vector. y Pointer to the first element of the second source vector. n Number of elements in each vector. shift Right shifting factor. The ranges of valid shift are: 1 <= shift <= 8 for U8, S8, U8C, S8C types 1 <= shift <= 16 for S16, S16C types 1 <= shift <= 31 for S32, S32C types RETURN VALUES
Each of the functions returns MLIB_SUCCESS if successful. Otherwise it returns MLIB_FAILURE. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_U8_Mod(3MLIB), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Nov 2004 mlib_VectorMulShift_U8_Mod(3MLIB)