Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting to check redundant file names Post 47054 by maverick on Monday 2nd of February 2004 02:44:53 AM
Old 02-02-2004
Data to check redundant file names

hi
i have a very simple problem
iam moving files from download to archive folder
but before such a transfer want to make sure no two file of same
are present in my download directory
how to check for redundant file names
i thought of using WC but it counts inside the file (lines and characters)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question is redundant but please advice

I am really really new to Unix. I'm lost with so many books around for different shell. I'm thinking of taking a course on Operating Systems but it contains a lot of Unix programming I think. For example, someone was talking about a "which" command. But I wasn't able to figure out what it does...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursively check the file/dir names

Hi, ' recgrep find . | xargs grep ' is used to scan the contents recursively. I have a different requirement. I need to scan just the names and check for a pattern and display with fullpath. Is that already available? Closest that I am trying is 'ls -R | grep pattern' Here I would get multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ZFS Raidz not redundant?

My ZFS on debian media server just died in a power outage, the zpool status shows this: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM tank UNAVAIL 0 0 0 insufficient replicas raidz1 UNAVAIL 0 0 0 corrupted data sda ONLINE 0 0 0 sdb ONLINE 0 0 0 sdf ONLINE 0 0 0 sdh ONLINE 0 0 0 sdi ONLINE 0 0 0 sdk ONLINE 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastersarg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting all rows that contain redundant information

My input file looks like this: 1 rs4040617 0.08356 1 rs4040617 0.06799 1 rs2977612 0.07948 1 rs2977612 0.07882 1 rs2977612 0.07783 1 rs2977612 0.08142 1 rs2977612 0.07716 1 rs2977612 0.08356 1 rs2977612 0.06799 1 rs2980300 0.08356 1 rs2980300 0.08142 I want to delete all rows that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find redundant text in a file

I want to find which pattern or strings have occurred more than one time so that I can remove unnecessary redundancy. For example: If I have the sentence: A quick brown brown fox jumps jumps jumps over the lazy dog in a file, then I want to know that 1. the word "brown" has... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hbar
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if the insert statement is using column names

Hi, Input- a file comtaining a procedure or function with various statements in that one of the statement would be insert into table1 (a,b,c) values (1,2,3) ourput required true if insert statement is using column name (a,b,c) else false. Please suggest (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for particular files and compare the file names

Hi, Below are the 2 files in directory /tmp: masterCSF242323.img indexCSF242323.img 1) I want to compare if both the number (242323) are same in both the files. If they are same print - Files matching, else print files do not match. 2) Also if only index file is present in that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apatil65
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reduce redundant file

Dear All, I have to reduce the redundancy of a file that is like this: a b 0 a c 0 a f 1 b a 1 b a 0 b c 1 d f 0 g h 1 f d 1 Basically, this file describe a network with relative nodes and edges. The nodes are the different letters and the edges are represented by the numbers (in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
7 Replies
download(1)							   User Commands						       download(1)

NAME
download - host resident PostScript font downloader SYNOPSIS
download [-f] [-p printer] [-m name] [-H directory] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/download DESCRIPTION
download prepends host resident fonts to files and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. download assumes the input files make up a single PostScript job and that requested fonts can be included at the start of each input file. Requested fonts are named in a comment (marked with %%DocumentFonts:) in the input files. Available fonts are the ones listed in the map table selected using the -m option. The map table consists of fontname-file pairs. The fontname is the full name of the PostScript font, exactly as it would appear in a %%Doc- umentFonts: comment. The file is the pathname of the host resident font. A file that begins with a / is used as is. Otherwise the pathname is relative to the host font directory. Comments are introduced by % (as in PostScript) and extend to the end of the line. The only candidates for downloading are fonts listed in the map table that point download to readable files. A font is downloaded once, at most. Requests for unlisted fonts or inaccessible files are ignored. All requests are ignored if the map table can not be read. OPTIONS
-f Force a complete scan of each input file. In the absence of an explicit comment pointing download to the end of the file, the default scan stops immediately after the PostScript header comments. -p printer Check the list of printer-resident fonts in /etc/lp/printers/printer/residentfonts before downloading. -m name Use name as the font map table. A name that begins with / is the full pathname of the map table and is used as is. Other- wise name is appended to the pathname of the host font directory. -H directory Use dir as the host font directory. The default is /usr/lib/lp/postscript. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the download command. The following map table could be used to control the downloading of the Bookman font family: % % The first string is the full PostScript font name. The second string % is the file name - relative to the host font directory unless it begins % with a /. % Bookman-Light bookman/light Bookman-LightItalic bookman/lightitalic Bookman-Demi bookman/demi Bookman-DemiItalic bookman/demiitalic Using the file myprinter/map (in the default host font directory) as the map table, you could download fonts by issuing the following command: example% download -m myprinter/map file EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), posttek(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The download program should be part of a more general program. download does not look for %%PageFonts: comments and there is no way to force multiple downloads of a particular font. Using full pathnames in either map tables or the names of map tables is not recommended. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 download(1)