Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How one can list only the name of directories present in the directory by using ls co Post 46983 by Optimus_P on Friday 30th of January 2004 12:17:59 PM
Old 01-30-2004
use the -l switch and then use some sort of text filter on stdout for a common referance for directories in each string.

Last edited by Optimus_P; 01-30-2004 at 01:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list file's by size order in sepecfied directory and sub directories

How do I list files of type "*.file" for example by size order recursively ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ferretman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls > file - Creating file containing the list of all files present in a directory

Hi All, I need to create a file which contains the list of all the files present in that directory. e.g., ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat but what i am getting is: $ ls /export/home/user/*.dat > list_file.dat /export/home/user/*.dat: No such file or directory But I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files that are not directories from current directory

I can't manage to list all files that are not directories from current directory. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beni22sof
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How list all directories in a directory?

Hi How can i list all the directories inside a directory? not only the directories in the present dir. also the directories inside directories present in the dirrectory. recursive. "find . -type d" will work with other Unix flavors but not with SunOS. Please help Robin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to find the list of all packages present in a directory

Hi I'm in a directory named /tmp/mq7 i need to upgrade the mq version from 6 to 7 but im not sure where is the package located ? which command in solaris will show me the list of all the packages present in the directory /tmp/mq7 ? my box is running with solaris version 10. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file NOT present in other directory

Dear community, I have one LOG directory with some files. What I need to do is list ONLY the files that are not present in other directory. Using Bash programming! LOG DIR | SYNC DIR FILE1 | FILE1 FILE2 | FILE3 FILE3 | OTHER FILENAME FILE4 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining files present in different directories.

Hi Experts, I have files Bank1 ,Bank2 ,Bank3 with high level customer information in one folder. /home/Cust_information/ Bank1,Bank2,Bank3,Bank4 The detail level information of all customers of each Bank are present in separate directories . Here Bank1 is a directory which contains set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding non-existing words in a list of files in a directory and its sub-directories

Hi All, I have a list of words (these are actually a list of database table names separated by comma). Now, I want to find only the non-existing list of words in the *.java files of current directory and/or its sub-directories. Sample list of words:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhanu Dhulipudi
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List all files and directories in the current directory separated by commas and sorted by crtime

What I know so far: ls -A will list all files except those starting with a dot ls -d will list all directories ls -m will separate contents by commas For getting crtimes use: stat filename will give me the inode number or ls -i filename will give... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chstewar
13 Replies
Gtk2::RecentFilter(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Gtk2::RecentFilter(3)

NAME
Gtk2::RecentFilter HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Glib::InitiallyUnowned +----Gtk2::Object +----Gtk2::RecentFilter METHODS
recentfilter = Gtk2::RecentFilter->new $filter->add_age ($days) o $days (integer) $filter->add_application ($application) o $application (string) $filter->add_custom ($needed, $func, $data=undef) o $needed (Gtk2::RecentFilterFlags) o $func (scalar) o $data (scalar) $filter->add_group ($group) o $group (string) $filter->add_mime_type ($mime_type) o $mime_type (string) $filter->add_pattern ($pattern) o $pattern (string) $filter->add_pixbuf_formats boolean = $filter->filter ($filter_info) o $filter_info (scalar) string = $filter->get_name $filter->set_name ($name) o $name (string) recentfilterflags = $filter->get_needed ENUMS AND FLAGS
flags Gtk2::RecentFilterFlags o 'uri' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_URI' o 'display-name' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_DISPLAY_NAME' o 'mime-type' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_MIME_TYPE' o 'application' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_APPLICATION' o 'group' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_GROUP' o 'age' / 'GTK_RECENT_FILTER_AGE' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object, Glib::InitiallyUnowned, Gtk2::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::RecentFilter(3)