Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Here's a goofy question...
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Here's a goofy question... Post 46849 by cbkihong on Tuesday 27th of January 2004 09:27:27 PM
Old 01-27-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowmane
I think I will try KDE, like someone up above stated. Dunno if it'll work though.
Hmm ... cygwin requires 32-bit Windows. That is, at least Windows 95, and doesn't work on pre-4.0 versions.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question !

Hi a am writing a C Programe on Vi Editor (File Handelling),and i am compiling it using fcc but it not compiling ,Even Vi not saving my file.Tell me how can i do that.One More Thing I want to know that ,Is their any subsitute of conio.h. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: at_renai2001
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question

when the user selects an option ou from the list how is it possible to let the script detect the option and carry out the appropriate action...i noe its suppose to use the for or if loop..but how ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaRk2002
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

$# question

$# holds the number of arguments passed into a shell. Is this value the index of an array? and if so, is there a way to determine the max index of the array so that I can know right off how many values were passed in? or do I have to sit in some sort of loop testing to see if $# is set,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question

One SCO unix server make files and that files write on another linux RH server.The writen files have premission 644 rw_ r_ _ r_ _ but that files RH users can't read. I want to make a file accessible to others with premission 666 rw_rw_rw_ .How can I do that with minimal administration? Soory for my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question?

what will be the output and why?? .$val1=10; val2=25; $ x:=${val1-val2:=35} $ echo $x; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while question/help?

I have 3 files in a directory. The files are named as below MSDOS PCDOS filename.txt The file filename.txt contains the following 1 line *****DOS When I run the following while loop I get the following output while read r do echo $r done < filename.txt Output is MSDOS PCDOS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatsoon
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Goofy telnet issue

Greetings! My name is Jerry. I am a long time IBM i-series (AS/400) admin. I am the solo IT guy at a $50M company, we run mostly Windows servers on virtual machines, I do have one i-series, and one p-series. Recently, we have decided to go with a legacy product that is proven and bulletproof, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeveretts
0 Replies
Inline-Support(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Inline-Support(3)

NAME
Inline-Support - Support Information for Inline.pm and related modules. DESCRIPTION
This document contains all of the latest support information for "Inline.pm" and the recognized Inline Language Support Modules (ILSMs) available on CPAN. SUPPORTED LANGUAGES
The most important language that Inline supports is "C". That is because Perl itself is written in "C". By giving a your Perl scripts access to "C", you in effect give them access to the entire glorious internals of Perl. (Caveat scriptor :-) As of this writing, Inline also supports: - C++ - Java - Python - Tcl - Assembly - CPR - And even Inline::Foo! :) Projects that I would most like to see happen in the year 2001 are: - Fortran - Ruby - Lisp - Guile - Bash - Perl4 SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
"Inline::C" should work anywhere that CPAN extension modules (those that use XS) can be installed, using the typical install format of: perl Makefile.PL make make test make install It has been tested on many Unix and Windows variants. NOTE: "Inline::C" requires Perl 5.005 or higher because "Parse::RecDescent" requires it. (Something to do with the "qr" operator) Inline has been successfully tested at one time or another on the following platforms: Linux Solaris SunOS HPUX AIX FreeBSD OpenBSD BeOS OS X WinNT Win2K WinME Win98 Cygwin The Microsoft tests deserve a little more explanation. I used the following: Windows NT 4.0 (service pack 6) Perl 5.005_03 (ActiveState build 522) MS Visual C++ 6.0 The "nmake" make utility (distributed w/ Visual C++) "Inline::C" pulls all of its base configuration (including which "make" utility to use) from "Config.pm". Since your MSWin32 version of Perl probably came from ActiveState (as a binary distribution) the "Config.pm" will indicate that "nmake" is the system's "make" utility. That is because ActiveState uses Visual C++ to compile Perl. To install "Inline.pm" (or any other CPAN module) on MSWin32 w/ Visual C++, use these: perl Makefile.PL nmake nmake test nmake install Inline has also been made to work with Mingw32/gcc on all Windows platforms. This is a free compiler for Windows. You must also use a perl built with that compiler. The "Cygwin" test was done on a Windows 98 machine using the Cygwin Unix/Win32 porting layer software from Cygnus. The "perl" binary on this machine was also compiled using the Cygwin tool set ("gcc"). This software is freely available from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/ If you get Inline to work on a new platform, please send me email email. If it doesn't work, let me know as well and I'll see what can be done. SEE ALSO
For general information about Inline see Inline. For information about using Inline with C see Inline::C. For sample programs using Inline with C see Inline::C-Cookbook. For information on writing your own Inline Language Support Module, see Inline-API. Inline's mailing list is inline@perl.org To subscribe, send email to inline-subscribe@perl.org AUTHOR
Brian Ingerson <INGY@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.12.1 2010-01-27 Inline-Support(3)