Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find Command In Script
Operating Systems Solaris Find Command In Script Post 46640 by oombera on Wednesday 21st of January 2004 10:23:31 AM
Old 01-21-2004
Also, always use the search function on this site to see if there's a solution to your problem...

https://www.unix.com/unix-for-dummies-questions-and-answers/6558-cron-problem.html?s=
https://www.unix.com/programming/4853-ping-cron.html?s=

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command from a shell script

Hi experts, I have a shell script (korn shell on aix) where I am giving find command with file options which are read from a configuration file. For some reason I am getting an error find: 0652-017. I have put set -x in the shell script and the command looks okay. If I cut it and paste it in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script 'find' command

I have a script that has the following command: find /home/user -name test.dat The script works as desired when running normally. However, when I run the script preceding it with 'sh', it fails. Is there something I need to account for when preceding the execution of the script with 'sh'? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsavitch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find whether shell command is available

I am running shell scripts on windows using Cygwin tool. In my shell scripts, i want to add an error check, that verify whether a certain command is available or not. For example if SED comamnd is not available in Cygwin, then it should exit with error message. How do i write such shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command and wrapping in the script

Hello, I've been trying to use find command to find and print out some files. When I execute the command on the command line I get the output as expected howerver when I run it in the script it doesn't wrap. For example, this is nicely wraped find /etc -perm -o=w -exec ll '{}' \;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusko
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script using find command.

Hi,:) find /etc /bin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /var/adm \ -name '*.a' \ '!' '(' -user root -o -user daemon -o -user bin -o -user sys -o -user adm -o -user uucp -o -user nuucp -o -user lpd -o -user imnadm -o -user ipsec -o -user ldap -o -user lp -o -user snapp -o -user invscout ')' \ '!' '(' -group... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthilinux
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the find command in a script

I am new to Shell scripting.Please give some guidence How to place a find command in my shell script? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command script

Hi, I want write a script to zip the files in a directory with are not having *.gz extension files. exp: source directory haveing *.log,*.sal,*.txt,*.gz....and some of files with out extension. so i want ZIP the files which are not *.gz files in the same directory. i worte like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in shell script

Hi, dirs.conf fine contains below data /a/b/c/dir1|50 /a/b/c/dir2|50 /a/b/c/dir3|50 In a shell script I do as below while read file_rec do dir_name=`echo "${file_rec}" | cut -d "|" -f 1` purge_days=`echo "${file_rec}" | cut -d "|" -f 2` if then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: icefish
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command in Shell Script

hi I am a newbee in Shell scripting (hardly 7 days) I have to execute a shell script which looks like this #!/bin/sh var1=`date +"%Y%m%d"` echo $var1 find . -name "$var1*" -exec mv {} Delete/ \; the find command in the script is running independently but when kept in this script it is... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetnsourabh
24 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command in shell script

Hi all, Please i need an explanation for the following statements ref_file=/tmp/cleanfiles export ref_file touch `TZ=WAT+2 date "+%Y%m%d%H%M"` $ref_file find . ! -name . -prune -type f ! -newer $ref_file -exec store_file.sh {} \; (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anish_1982
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)