Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Just downloaded Python, what now? Post 46208 by SimJim81 on Saturday 10th of January 2004 07:31:51 PM
Old 01-10-2004
Just downloaded Python, what now?

Hi i just downloaded Python just to try it out are there any sites or tuts i can get to get me started?

thanx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloaded solaris8

i have downloaded 3 zipped solaris ver 8 07/01 installation cd and i want to ask this question: 1. what will i do to burn it? do i need to extract the file and then burn it? what? Note: Those zipped files have only one file each and it has more than 100mb plus. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodelu
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Downloaded application but cannot execute

I am using Solaris 8 - I received a cd with a mapping application on it to load. I loaded the file but I cannot figure out why it will not execute. Can anyone please tell me how to get the application to run? I searched the forum and could not find the answer. Any suggestions/solutions appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnyb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP! Accidentally downloaded .gz file non-binary

Let me start by saying I am at a VERY beginner level in terms of UNIX/FTP/etc. Someone loaded a file onto a server for me and zipped it using gzip. I accidentally downloaded the file without using "binary". I now have a "filename.txt.gz" sitting on my computer that I need to unzip. Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: UDcc123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to limit files downloaded by wget

I am trying to download a page and retrieve only wav and mp3 files via wget. the website is: Alarm Sounds | Free Sound Effects | Alarm Sound Clips | Sound Bites my command is : wget -rl 2 -e robots=off -A wav,mp3 http://soundbible.com/tags-alarm.html When not using the -A wav,mp3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with WGET and renaming downloaded files :(

Hi everybody, I would greatly appreciate some expertise in this matter. I am trying find an efficient way to batch download files from a website and rename each file with the url it originated from (from the CLI). (ie. Instead of xyz.zip, the output file would be http://www.abc.com/xyz.zip) A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: o0110o
10 Replies

6. Web Development

php files are downloaded

Hello, I have setup Cherokee web server and php 5.2 in Opensolaris zone. Problem is that all .php files are downloaded from web server and not served when I use IP address instead of DNS name in web brovser. Example: test.mydomain.com <-- php works 192.168.0.10/index.php <--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreno
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to check if file was downloaded

I want to create a script to check if a file was downloaded into a folder. if it was i dont want to re-download it. The requirement is as follows. The first time the file (filename: A) is downloaded, it is renamed by stripping off part of the filename to filename A22. The second time an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wizardofoz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific image to be downloaded with wget

Hello All, I have gone through Google and came to know that we can download images from a site using wget. Now I am been asked to check whether an image is populated in a site or not. If yes, please send that image to an address as an attachment.. Say for example, the site is Wiki -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop till the files downloaded

Need assistance in writing a for loop script or any looping method. Below is the code where i can get all the files from the URL . There are about 80 files in the URL .Every day the files get updated . Script that i wanted is the loop must keep on running till it gets 80 files. It matches the count... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
5 Replies
PIP(1)																	    PIP(1)

NAME
pip - install Python packages SYNOPSIS
pip [command] [options] DESCRIPTION
pip is an alternative Python package installer. It performs the same basic job as easy_install, but with some extra features. It can work with version control repositories (currently only Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar repositories), logs output extensively, and prevents partial installs by downloading all requirements before starting installation. It has some disadvantages when compared to easy_install. It does not use egg files, although it does preserve egg metadata. Some setuptools features are not yet supported, and some custom setup.py features won't work. COMMANDS
The command comes before any options. The following commands are recognized: help Show the help text. bundle Create "bundles" which can be used by pip to install the group of Python packages in multiple places. freeze Write the current list of installed packages to a requirements file, which can be used by pip to reinstall the same set of packages. install Install packages. unzip Unzip an individual package. zip Zip an individual package. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. --version Show the version of the program. -v, --verbose Be more verbose. -q, --quiet Be less verbose; suppress unimportant output. --log=FILENAME Log file where a complete (maximum verbosity) record will be kept. --proxy=PROXY Have pip use a proxy server to access sites. This can be specified using "user:password@proxy.server:port" notation. If the password is left out, pip will ask for it. --exists-action=EXISTS_ACTION Default action when a path already exists.Use this option more then one time to specify another action if a certain option is not available, choices: (s)witch, (i)gnore, (w)ipe, (b)ackup --timeout=TIMEOUT Set the timeout for connecting to download sites, in seconds. This defaults to 15 seconds if not given. AUTHORS
This manual page was originally written by Jeff Licquia <licquia@debian.org>, later rewritten by Carl Chenet <chaica@debian.org>. LICENSE
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 05/27/2012 PIP(1)