Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting $0 scope in function and calling script Post 45885 by oombera on Monday 5th of January 2004 11:39:44 AM
Old 01-05-2004
Beckett, post the results of uname -a and echo $SHELL.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

calling c++ function from script

hi, I just started to work on unix, I was wondering if it is possible to call a c++ function from a script. now, i don't mean starting a program, i mean dynamicaly calling a funtion (like working with a dll) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lebamb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent calling function from a script

Hi, Can we define a function say func1 in a script 1.sh and call this function from another script say 2.sh by passing an argument :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in function calling in a script

:confused:Hi , I have a script as shown below: rpttxt() { name="$*" awk '/'"${name}"'/ {print $2 $3"=" $4}' file.txt } xx = rpttxt "COL_HEAD_1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","'"$xx"'")}' rpttxt() is a function..I want to store the final result of this function in... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling one function from another shell script

i have a function defined in one ksh (ksh 1) i want to use that function in another ksh (ksh 2) i am using . $<directoryname>/<ksh name> i am calling the function defined in ksh 1 in ksh 2 i want the returnstatus from the above operation but it is not executing the function what i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a C-function froma shell script

Hi, I have searched the forum for the query, But i didnt find an exact answer. I have a script(1.sh) and a c program(sample.c) sample.c contains many function definitions.( run(), find(), add() etc). I want to call functions in sample.c from 1.sh and use the return value in 1.sh... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

c function calling from a pearl script

Hi, Is it possible to call a c function defined in a .c file from a pearl script? How is this possible? Thannks in advance, JS (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a function which uses expect from a shells script

Hi all, This is the first time i am using expect. I am trying to call a function with in the shell script. The function will shh to a new server and will pass the password using expect and send. I need help in calling the fuction i am getting follaowing errors... here the script ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Oracle function from script

Hi I need to call a function in database and update the return value of that function with a value in csv file. test.csv 1,2,3,,5,,,8,9,10 1,2,3,4,5,,,8,9,10 1,2,3,,,,,8,9,10In the above file I want to replace column 2 with a value extracted from database like (select student_id from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kev94
3 Replies
UNAME(1)						      General Commands Manual							  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - display information about the system SYNOPSIS
uname [-amnrsv] DESCRIPTION
The uname command writes the name of the operating system implementation to standard output. When options are specified, strings repre- senting one or more system characteristics are written to standard output. The options are as follows: -a Behave as though the options -m, -n, -r , -s, and -v were specified. -m Write the type of the current hardware platform to standard output. -n Write the name of the system to standard output. -r Write the current release level of the operating system to standard output. -s Write the name of the operating system implementation to standard output. -v Write the version level of this release of the operating system to standard output. If the -a flag is specified, or multiple flags are specified, all output is written on a single line, separated by spaces. The uname utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8), sysctl(3), uname(3) HISTORY
The uname command appeared in 4.4BSD. STANDARDS
The command is expected to conform to the IEEE Std1003.2 (``POSIX'') specification. 4th Berkeley Distribution February 4, 1995 UNAME(1)