Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Solaris behind a windows NAT... Post 45815 by RTM on Friday 2nd of January 2004 09:00:22 AM
Old 01-02-2004
Check the output from the dmesg command - look for the interface there. It may be that you don't see it if it hasn't been configured with ifconfig. Once you know the name of it (not sure what that would be...could start with hme, qfe, qf, ... or something else) you can use ifconfig to see if you can address it.

# ifconfig hme0 plumb
would start the processes (see man ifconfig) or you can set up a file /etc/hostname.hme0 with the IP or hostname you were going to use. Again, the hme0 part is an example - you have to find what your system sees the interface as.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on windows? clueless here

I'm trying to learn how to use unix by installing it on my windows xp without having to format anything. I got some advice to get vmware player and run unix on it. I got the player, but now I'm stuck on figuring out how to use it or even find the unix download that I can use with it. Anyone knows a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnad
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Installing HP-UX o a windows based server

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for HP-UX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install HP-UX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Destination NAT using ipnat in Solaris 8

Hello People, Please can someone help me with destination IP address NAT and Port transalation using ipnat in Solaris 8. Scenario: Box A(192.168.100.1/24) and Box B (192.168.100.50/24) are connected phyically and logically(vlan) on the same network switch. Box A hosts an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandarawachat
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing linux with windows vista

I have a laptop running on vista, I would like to install linux on it, but I dont have the disk space, so can I have external disk to install linux. Whether I will be able to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickdba
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help in installing sunone v6 in windows

I am need of some help in installing sunone Directory server in windows.I have done the following but i am unable to proceed further..I downloaded the sunone identity management suite and ran the setup.bat file to install it.. The installation proceeded with all the default selections made and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: achilles14
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Windows xp on Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I don't know if this can be done or if anyone has managed to get this done - install Win xp on solaris 10 through vmware? I have searched extensively on the internet but I haven't come up with anything substantial. I am using an x86 based pc. Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
10 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express NAT performance issues

Hi all, I decided to replace my linux router/firewall with Solaris 11 express. This is a pppoe connection directly to my server...no router boxes. I got everything setup, but the performance is terrible on the NAT....really slow. A web page that loads on the server instantly will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.11 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)