Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installing Solaris behind a windows NAT... Post 45661 by jsilva on Monday 29th of December 2003 04:58:50 AM
Old 12-29-2003
Hi,

The domain that is asked on the installation, is a DNS domain, not windows 2000 domains... different things...
If you want to sucessful configure network support, your hostname must resolve, you must have a working name service that is able to resolve your machine hostname... if you don't have this situation, don't choose to configure the DNS ( choose "None" when asked ) at the installation process, do it later.
Ah, and if the DNS server is working but it's not on the same network as the machine you're trying to install it will fail too, because the installer doesn't ask for a gateway, so you'll not be able to reach other networks...

Good luck !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on windows? clueless here

I'm trying to learn how to use unix by installing it on my windows xp without having to format anything. I got some advice to get vmware player and run unix on it. I got the player, but now I'm stuck on figuring out how to use it or even find the unix download that I can use with it. Anyone knows a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnad
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Installing HP-UX o a windows based server

Hello, We would like to perform tests on a product that my company created lately. We don't have the right hardware for HP-UX enviornment I've read the thred "Unix environments for MS Windows", but didn't see there a possibility to install HP-UX OS on a special compatible hardware. We've... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshkA
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

Destination NAT using ipnat in Solaris 8

Hello People, Please can someone help me with destination IP address NAT and Port transalation using ipnat in Solaris 8. Scenario: Box A(192.168.100.1/24) and Box B (192.168.100.50/24) are connected phyically and logically(vlan) on the same network switch. Box A hosts an... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandarawachat
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing linux with windows vista

I have a laptop running on vista, I would like to install linux on it, but I dont have the disk space, so can I have external disk to install linux. Whether I will be able to do ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickdba
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help in installing sunone v6 in windows

I am need of some help in installing sunone Directory server in windows.I have done the following but i am unable to proceed further..I downloaded the sunone identity management suite and ran the setup.bat file to install it.. The installation proceeded with all the default selections made and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: achilles14
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Windows xp on Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I don't know if this can be done or if anyone has managed to get this done - install Win xp on solaris 10 through vmware? I have searched extensively on the internet but I haven't come up with anything substantial. I am using an x86 based pc. Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
10 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 11 Express NAT performance issues

Hi all, I decided to replace my linux router/firewall with Solaris 11 express. This is a pppoe connection directly to my server...no router boxes. I got everything setup, but the performance is terrible on the NAT....really slow. A web page that loads on the server instantly will take... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Solaris 11 Express NAT/Router IP Fragments

Upon replacing my linux router/server with a Solaris one I've noticed very poor network performance. The server itself has no issues connecting to the net, but clients using the server as a router are getting a lot of IP fragments as indicated from some packet sniffing I conducted. Here was my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectox
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies
ipnat(1M)																 ipnat(1M)

NAME
ipnat - user interface to the NAT subsystem SYNOPSIS
ipnat [-dlhnrsvCF] -f filename The ipnat utility opens a specified file (treating - as stdin) and parses it for a set of rules that are to be added or removed from the IP NAT. If there are no parsing problems, each rule processed by ipnat is added to the kernel's internal lists. Rules are appended to the internal lists, matching the order in which they appear when given to ipnat. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipauth, /dev/ipl, and /dev/ipstate. The default permissions of these files require ipnat to be run as root for all operations. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipnat. The default permissions of /dev/ipnat require ipnat to be run as root for all oper- ations. The following options are supported: -C Delete all entries in the current NAT rule listing (NAT rules). -F Delete all active entries in the current NAT translation table (currently active NAT mappings). -d Turn debug mode on. Causes a hex dump of filter rules to be generated as it processes each one. -f filename Parse specified file for rules to be added or removed from the IP NAT. filename can be stdin. -h Print number of hits for each MAP/Redirect filter. -l Show the list of current NAT table entry mappings. -n Prevents ipf from doing anything, such as making ioctl calls, which might alter the currently running kernel. -s Retrieve and display NAT statistics. -r Remove matching NAT rules rather than add them to the internal lists. -v Turn verbose mode on. Displays information relating to rule processing and active rules/table entries. /dev/ipnat Link to IP Filter pseudo device. /dev/kmem Special file that provides access to virtual address space. /etc/ipf/ipnat.conf Location of ipnat startup configuration file. /usr/share/ipfilter/examples/ Contains numerous IP Filter examples. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ipf(1M), ipfstat(1M), ipnat(4), attributes(5) To view license terms, attribution, and copyright for IP Filter, the default path is /usr/lib/ipf/IPFILTER.LICENCE. If the Solaris operat- ing environment has been installed anywhere other than the default, modify the given path to access the file at the installed location. 25 Jul 2005 ipnat(1M)