Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Post Your /proc/cpuinfo here! Post 45458 by RedVenim on Sunday 21st of December 2003 01:17:18 PM
Old 12-21-2003
Bug OK, How Bout a very slow PPC (But its my Baby)

cpu : 740/750
temperature : 46-50 C (uncalibrated)
clock : 300MHz
revision : 2.2 (pvr 0008 0202)
bogomips : 601.29
machine : Power Macintosh
motherboard : AAPL,PowerMac G3 MacRISC
detected as : 49 (PowerMac G3 (Silk))
pmac flags : 00000000
L2 cache : 1024K unified pipelined-syncro-burst
memory : 768MB
l2cr override : 0x68fff740
pmac-generation : OldWorld

Running YDL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about /proc

hi, we all know /proc is about the information of active process, I have just read an artical which said you can use /proc/cpuinfo, /proc/net./proc/meminfo etc. to know about some hardware information .But I want to know how to use with command line? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fuqiang1976
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/proc

/proc is filing up my root filesystem. Can you delete any of the4 ID numbers out of /proc. Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc directory

I did a search on this, but didn't find exactly the answer I'm looking for. What exactly is the proc directory for? Showing processes spawned by users? I ask because I have some very large files in that directory by multiple users and its affecting my disk usage. Can you limit how many... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

proc

Hi, What are the various way's to fix /proc folder in redhat linux 7.2 and how to verify /proc folder is proper or croupted? Thank in advance Bache Gowda (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
7 Replies

5. Programming

Need help ! SQL and Proc *C

:) hi all ! Please help me When I select data from oracle with proc * C prog. I count the number of rows For example the total rows is 1000000 but the number of result return is a limit number 5000 for ex So How can I know this limit (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dummy question about /proc/cpuinfo

Perhaps this is a very dummy question but sorry I don't know other place to do it. We just buy a new cluster of Xeon machines but there is something I don't understand and perhaps someone can help me. The more /proc/cpuinfo produces the following output (just part of it). processor : 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhc
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

_/proc/stat vs /proc/uptime

Hi, I am trying to calculate the CPU Usage by getting the difference between the idle time reported by /proc/stat at 2 different intervals. Now the 4th entry in the first line of /proc/stat will give me the 'idle time'. But I also came across /proc/uptime that gives me 2 entries : 1st one as the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coderd
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Definition of "siblings" in /proc/cpuinfo

So, I'm looking over /proc/cpuinfo and have a question... I've read that "siblings" refers to hyperthreading, but that seems odd considering the contents of cpuinfo. Here's a part: model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz physical id : 0 siblings : 4 core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: treesloth
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding /proc

If you are adding the kernel module without any module parameter passing, it should print out following information to info1 file so that user can make read access to info1 file (via, for example, cat /proc/info1): • Processor type • Kernel version • Total number of the processes currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar.huded
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Question on /proc/cpuinfo

Hi, I wanted to understand what exactly /proc/cpuinfo shows? We have a machine with following specification... (2x) Intel Xeon 6-core processors So, ideally it shouls have 12processors, but the output on /proc/cpuinfo shows 24 processors. Can someone please explain how this is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
3 Replies
PMU(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    PMU(4)

NAME
pmu -- support for Power Management Units found in all Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers SYNOPSIS
pmu* at obio? nadb* at pmu? battery* at pmu? smartbat* at pmu? DESCRIPTION
The pmu driver provides support for the Power Management Unit found in Apple laptops and some desktop Power Macintosh computers. Functions controlled by the PMU include the real time clock, ADB, power, batteries, on some laptops like the PowerBook 3400c and similar machines it also controls hotkeys and display brightness, on others it provides an iic(9) bus and on some it controls CPU speed. On many older machines it also provides access to some non-volatile memory and thermal sensors. Not all those features are present on all machines, for instance Power Macintosh G4 and later machines don't have ADB, many more recent laptops have display brightness and backlight control built into the graphics controller instead of the PMU, only a few older PowerBooks use the PMU for CPU speed control and newer machines use a different way to access non-volatile memory. However, all known PMUs so far provide a real time clock and power control. Notes by model Real time clock and power control are present and supported on all machines that can run NetBSD/macppc, ADB is supported when present. PowerBook 2400, 3400c, and 3500 Battery status and thermal sensors found on the mainboard and in the battery pack are supported by the battery(4) driver, val- ues can be read via envsys(4). Hotkeys for brightness control are supported, CPU speed control and parameter RAM are present but unsupported. Power Macintosh G4 ADB is not present, iic(9) is present but unsupported. SEE ALSO
battery(4), cuda(4), nadb(4), nvram(4), obio(4), iic(9) BUGS
Some features are currently unsupported, like the iic(9) bus, access to parameter RAM and CPU speed control. BSD
May 14, 2007 BSD