Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Opinion
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Opinion Post 45358 by Neo on Thursday 18th of December 2003 03:50:22 PM
Old 12-18-2003
We on this site expect users to read and follow the rules for the benefit of the entire community.

If users would like admins and moderators to be patient, then users should also be patient and take the time to read the rules and to follow them (all of them). The rules work well and have purpose.

One of the most important rules is to search the forums before asking questions. All of the admins and moderators have other jobs and it is up to the poster to respect that and to do some homework on their own before asking for help.

Also, I think the moderators here do a great job. They will, however, encourage all posters to read the rules and to search before posting. If you have a particular problem with a specfic post, please post the link in this thread and your concerns.

I can take action on specifics as the administrator. Do you have a particular post or reply you find offensive?

Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Need your help and opinion

Hey all, I'm brand new to Unix/Linux and have a couple of questions. I own a small education/consulting company that has a staff of approx. 50 employees. Most our work is geared towards the office-style environment (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). There are also some C and Java programmers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dennie1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Your Opinion requested

Ladies/Gentlemen, I am looking for a web-based tool to keep track of my Sun inventory. The following list of fields are fields I would like to store: Root Passwd (needs to be secure) / Hostid / Console Port / IP Address / Platform / Application / Hostname . . . you get the point. Do any of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

second opinion on sed script

i'm trying to figure out a script that uses sed, and i'm not totally sure if it does what I think it does. The script... - takes in 3 inputs, $1, $2 are names. $3 is a file. - filename is a file. Here is what I'm trying to figure out: cat $3 | grep "id17" > var2 sed "s|@@.*||g" var2 >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gammaman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opinion on modification for SMARTMON

Hello, I get the following in one of my error logs: Device /dev/sda, SATA disks accessed via libata are not currently supported by smartmontools. When libata is given an ATA pass-thru ioctl() then an additional '-d libata' device type will be added to smartmontools. --------------- I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Opinion on modification for SMARTMON

Hello, I get the following in one of my error logs: Device /dev/sda, SATA disks accessed via libata are not currently supported by smartmontools. When libata is given an ATA pass-thru ioctl() then an additional '-d libata' device type will be added to smartmontools. --------------- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert Opinion

This perhaps does not belong in ths category; apologies, however, we have a heated debate going and your input will decide the result. Should UNIX (HP, AIX, etc) be rebooted following a monthly cycle (Every month, or a qtr, etc.). We have some UX admins (grumps) who say they have seen a UX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Expert opinion on iptables/torrents

Hello all, I want to deny any torrents passing thru linux box that are NOT encrypted. My ISP is doing packet inspection and gives warnings. I'd like to allow torrents when client sets encryption. Any thoughts? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkman_hr
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Something in my mind - what's your opinion ?

Dear Forum staff / Advisors / members , I am having something in my mind, about Linux / Unix possible Interview questions collections, I guess if I post them here,which might be useful for our members and for students, and in meantime we can discuss also about those questions, what's your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opinion on an easy shell script (mv)

:wall:I've this simple code: STF=/opt/aaa cat $STF | nice sort -u > $STF.new && mv $STF.new $STF Which works until today. What happened is that this script has been corrupted the FS, so I've to use fschk to repair the filesystem. I presume the move command executed just a little too early... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: accolito
1 Replies

10. AIX

[Opinion] A Public Answer To Rob McNelly

Why Do We Need Root on the HMC? In this article in IBMSystems Magazine Rob McNelly asked the question Why Don't We Have Root on the HMC? and he goes on to justify why we indeed shouldn't have root - kinda. I think his arguments are not as valid as he perhaps thinks they are and what's more... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
11 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - submission addresses for moderated newsgroups DESCRIPTION
When an unapproved article is posted locally to a moderated newsgroup, rather than being passed off to innd(8) for normal handling, it's instead sent via e-mail to the submission address for that newsgroup. The file <pathetc in inn.conf>/moderators lists the submission addresses for moderated newsgroups. This file is used by nnrpd(8), inews(1), and any other program that uses the GetModeratorAddress() routine (see libinn(3).) The moderators file is a list of associations between wildmat(3) patterns matching newsgroups and the submission address for those news- groups. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of those two fields sepa- rated by a colon. The second field, the submission address, may have at most one %s anywhere in it; if present, this will be replaced by the name of the newsgroup with periods replaced by dashes. If there is a literal ``%'' in the submission address, it must be written as ``%%'' (even if not followed by an ``s''). Here is a sample file: example.important:announce-request@example.com example.*:%s@smtp.example.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@moderators.isc.org Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: example.important announce-request@example.com example.x.announce example-x-announce@smtp.example.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@moderators.isc.org Periods are converted to dashes for historical reasons, from back in the days when periods in the local part of addresses may not be han- dled correctly. It's probably no longer necessary, but so much now depends on it that it can't be easily changed. It's intended that the sample moderators file included in the INN distribution always be sufficient for all world-wide newsgroups. The hosts behind moderators.isc.org have graciously volunteered to handle forwarding tasks for all world-wide newsgroups so that individual sites don't have to keep track of the submission addresses for moderated groups. The forwarding database used by moderators.isc.org is coordinated by moderators-request@isc.org; if you know of a world-wide newsgroup hierarchy that is not correctly handled by modera- tors.isc.org, please send the details to that address. Given that, the only thing you should have to add to the sample file under normal circumstances are the forwarding addresses for local or limited distribution moderated groups. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.6, dated 1999/05/09. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)