Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system sleep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers system sleep Post 45331 by malcom on Thursday 18th of December 2003 06:24:11 AM
Old 12-18-2003
Hi,

check your acpi and apm settings.

Regards
malcom

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep

what is the purpose of the sleep command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

6. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
APM(1)																	    APM(1)

NAME
apm - interface with the APM subsystem SYNOPSIS
apm [ -VvmMsSdin ] DESCRIPTION
This command requires the Advanced Power Management subsystem. If run without arguments it reads /proc/apm and presents the output in a human-readable format. Given a -S or -s option it requests that the machine be put into the APM standby or the APM suspend state, respectively. For a brief description of these states, see apmd(8). OPTIONS
-V, --version Print the version of the program and exit. -v, --verbose Also print version information for the APM subsystem. The APM subsystem consists of power-management hardware, firmware usually referred to as the APM BIOS and a driver in the operating system kernel. -m, --minutes Print the time remaining as a number of minutes. The default is to print the time remaining in "hours:minutes" format. -M, --monitor Continuously monitor and update the status information. Assumes that the standard output is a terminal. -S, --standby Request that the machine be put into the APM standby state. -s, --suspend Request that the machine be put into the APM suspend state. -d, --debug Print APM status information in a format more useful for debugging. Implies -v. FILES
/proc/apm AUTHOR
This program was written by Rik Faith (faith@cs.unc.edu) and may be freely distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The current maintainer is Avery Pennarun (apenwarr@worldvisions.ca). SEE ALSO
xapm(1), apmd(8). January 2004 APM(1)