Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mailx configuration help
Operating Systems Solaris mailx configuration help Post 45328 by frustrated1 on Thursday 18th of December 2003 05:37:50 AM
Old 12-18-2003
Hi,

How do I configure the external mail server in solaris 9?

ie. - I want to send a mail to an internet address, and need to configure our mail server so that this mail can be routed to the mail server and out from there??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with mailx

How can I send a file of Unix usernames to everyone on the file without making an alias in my .mailrc file? Using a mailx command. Thanks, J.J. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JJJ
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx configuration

I would like to configure mailx on Solaris 8 in order to have the sender address shown at the receiver side in the form: 'user@host.domain' The sender address is currently displayed as 'user@host' Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciccio
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with mailx

I want to send a message with an attachment from Unix using the following command: uuencode $DIRNAME/$FILENAME1 | mailx -s "test subject" xyz@xyz I need to attach the file and I also want a simple message body like "there is an error. Please check it". Do I need to have this message body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmith001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailX

I would like to get a solution .. how can i attach more than one file to a mail using mailx yep........ sure if test.dat is the file cat test.dat|uuencode test.dat|mailx -s "subject" mailid can be used for attaching test.dat how can we attach test1.dat and test2.dat (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

7. Solaris

mailx/sendmail configuration/set up problem

Hello Good People of Linux World!!! Background: Recent Networking Graduate, thrown in line of fire. For the past couple of days I have been searching online for answers and haven't gotten anywhere regarding Mailx, Sendmail functionality on SunOS 5.9. My dilemma: Mailx / sendmail are... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazmiM
28 Replies

8. Linux

Mailx

We have configured mailx Linux server. When send mail from Linux server it is not going How to trouble shoot the root cause step by step (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmsuper
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Mailx

Hi , I have written below code to send email from unix. The code is getting executed fine but i am not receiving any e mail . I am not sure what is going wrong . Do we need to do any configration setting before using Mailx? Please help set -vx echo 'Sending Mail' mailx -s "SEPA_TEST"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chandru_Raj
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris mailx Configuration

Hi, I need to send an output from Solaris to my email address. For example df -h to be sent out from the Solaris. I was wondering how to configure the mailx and smtp configuration to be setup. Has anyone setup before? Thanks. :confused::confused::confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)