Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp a directory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ftp a directory Post 45286 by DarkLord on Wednesday 17th of December 2003 12:33:41 PM
Old 12-17-2003
I am trying to run mget as advised, and I keep getting the error "disk1 not a plain file". have prompt off, and am in binary mode.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp-directory

Some users get on our server with ftp with a specific username (i.e. guest). The users guest has an own group. The user guest is in the path /usr/guests after login. How can I lock the user guest that he don't get up to the /usr treee. I tried to change the rights for the .. But it's not anymore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arn_ch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading whole directory with FTP

Is it possible using FTP to download a whole directory and all subdirectories at once without having to go through every single file? Thanks, Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokeyzx
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we ftp a directory

Hi guyz, Is there any way to ftp a whole directory structure. I mean is there any way using which I can get the whole directory ftpied including the subdirectories Thanks and regards, Gauravv (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
17 Replies

4. Solaris

ftp default directory

how to change the default login directory for a specified user when ftp to unix machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mm00123
1 Replies

5. AIX

ftp mget directory

Hi, I have searched everywhere for an answer to this question but couldn't find one so I ask it here. From an AIX 5.3 machine I ftp to another AIX 5.3 server. I want to get all files and only files in a directory. This directory has a subdirectory with files in it. In ftp, I enter the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheinsius
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to move a directory using ftp??

Hi all, Is it possible to move a directory using ftp service?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeegopikannan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from one directory to another using perl

Hi All I am stuck with a problem and i want your help, I have two directories dir1 and dir2 The files present in dir1 is a1,a2 a3 a4 What i want to is to FTP the files present in the dir1 to dir2 (with .txt extension at the end.) with the help of the Perl. The output expected is The... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp whole directory

HI Guys, I have downloaded the oracle binaries from oracle.com, i have unziped them in a directory say OWB. I have to copy them to my windows server so i have ran the ftp command. It looks like i can ftp whole directory. Can you please get me the command to get all the files and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD