Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: www.unix.com
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators www.unix.com Post 45228 by Perderabo on Tuesday 16th of December 2003 08:38:50 PM
Old 12-16-2003
This has been discussed at length in the proper forum. Yes green flash uses some resources. If that's a problem, switch to another style.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New www.unix.com search

PUZZLED: How can I search for posts on 'VI' if by the new rules (or maybe they are old) I get the messge: "The search term you specified (vi) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer. If this term contains a wildcard, please make... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sierra_aar
13 Replies

2. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

scripts/programs/code posted to www.unix.com

Every now and then our users post complete programs to this site. It is especially important that these contributions don't get lost, so I will collect them here. Some of these programs are intended to demonstrate a programming technique and some are ready to run. As a guideline, the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Access to https://www.unix.com/source?

Folks, Hope this is not a newbie question, but it might end up being that. I wanted to retrieve the source code for unix_linux_bench as directed on https://www.unix.com/linux-benchmarks/11175-instructions-linux-benchmarks.html When one clicks on the links specified for download, the browser... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wagdalule
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Problem connecting to www.unix.com

I've been having a problem connecting to the forum. I know it is just something with my computer but I have no idea what it is. It started last week. Every time I connect I get this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> - <rss version="2.0"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vi-Curious
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Www.UNIX.com is slow today ???

Hi, Just wanting to know if there is any issues today with the site. Initially I thought it is my internet connection or computer but regardless which one I use, the site has been slow and it is also not showing with the right fonts etc. I've been trying for the last 12+ hours and it's always been... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
21 Replies
curs_beep(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions						curs_beep(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_beep, beep, flash - curses bell and screen flash routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int beep(void); int flash(void); DESCRIPTION
The beep() and flash() routines are used to signal the terminal user. The routine beep() sounds the audible alarm on the terminal, if pos- sible; if that is not possible, it flashes the screen (visible bell), if that is possible. The routine flash() flashes the screen, and if that is not possible, sounds the audible signal. If neither signal is possible, nothing happens. Nearly all terminals have an audible sig- nal (bell or beep), but only some can flash the screen. RETURN VALUES
These routines always return OK. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. SunOS 5.10 31 Dec 1996 curs_beep(3CURSES)