Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Banner on remote printer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Banner on remote printer Post 44734 by tikual on Wednesday 10th of December 2003 09:31:37 AM
Old 12-10-2003
try to use lp command with -o nobanner.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

remote printer with ip.

Hello gurus. I need to print in a computer client. I use telnet to connect to my sco server, and I want to print in my local client printer with lp -d local_client_printer file1. I use XLPD in my local machine. Well, I want to add another printer like that. Where can I found information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patito
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enable printer banner

How do you enable or configure an existing printer to print banner. my print server is solaris 8 running the normal lp print. I tried lp -o banner option but no joy. Can you help please? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. AIX

remote printer

please, i would like to know ,how can i use a remote printer shared by a jet direct or which strg may use to connect with a remote printer using ip and windows network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinpina
2 Replies

4. Solaris

How to disable remote printer

Hi all, On Solaris 8.2 I have several printers controled via LPD so they are defined with systemnames. The problem is I can't disable them as I could in Unix V with the disable command. Is there a way to do this however? Thank in advance! :) Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
2 Replies

5. AIX

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2 i have an aix 5.2 os and need to setup a remote printer off of it need help on how it is done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itivanh
2 Replies

6. SCO

Print banner appearing with remote printing

Hi, I have set up remote printing using a HP Direct Jet print server. Prints sent to the printer connected to the device prints fine except that at the end of the report the following info also appears - Users:, Class:, Job:. How can I disable this from printing. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ewart
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error - Creation remote printer

Guy's I'm trying to configure new remote printer by smitty in AIX 6.1 but I'm facing below message ! and creating did not completed ... can you please help in this ! Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. digest:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote printer service

The IT auditors have pointed some of my boxes (SUSE, Solaris 10 and AIX) have remote printer service running and that is a potent security violation. I am confused what is remote printer service and how do I disable the same. I need the help. A prompt response is appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranasarkar
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

Remote printer setup on solaris 10 host

Hi All, I am trying setup a remote printer on a solaris 10 server. The printer is online and working fine is solaris 8. I have added the pritner to /etc/hosts file and /etc/printers.conf ... I need to know followings: 1. How do I find the default pritner port on the old solaris machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
0 Replies
WALL(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           WALL(1)

NAME
wall - write a message to all users SYNOPSIS
wall [-n] [-t timeout] [-g group] [message | file] DESCRIPTION
wall displays a message, or the contents of a file, or otherwise its standard input, on the terminals of all currently logged in users. The command will wrap lines that are longer than 79 characters. Short lines are whitespace padded to have 79 characters. The command will always put a carriage return and new line at the end of each line. Only the superuser can write on the terminals of users who have chosen to deny messages or are using a program which automatically denies messages. Reading from a file is refused when the invoker is not superuser and the program is set-user-ID or set-group-ID. OPTIONS
-n, --nobanner Suppress the banner. -t, --timeout timeout Abandon the write attempt to the terminals after timeout seconds. This timeout must be a positive integer. The default value is 300 seconds, which is a legacy from the time when people ran terminals over modem lines. -g, --group group Limit printing message to members of group defined as a group argument. The argument can be group name or GID. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. NOTES
Some sessions, such as wdm, that have in the beginning of utmp(5) ut_type data a ':' character will not get the message from wall. This is done to avoid write errors. SEE ALSO
mesg(1), talk(1), write(1), shutdown(8) HISTORY
A wall command appeared in Version 7 AT&T UNIX. AVAILABILITY
The wall command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux August 2013 WALL(1)