Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server Statistics ?
Top Forums Programming Server Statistics ? Post 44719 by Agent007 on Wednesday 10th of December 2003 05:21:59 AM
Old 12-10-2003
Thanks for your replies ...

That's what I'm looking for .. system calls to get those statistics .. it seems all I can find is shell commands but none of system calls ...

also it seems that /proc directory contains only process statistics .. no server info Smilie

I'm desperate ... please kill me

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system statistics

i am currently using c functions such as getprocs and statsfs to obtain process information and filesystem information on machines running aix 4.3.3.0. (soon to be running aix5.1) is there a function available to access information similar to the information provided by a vmstat command? i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: briansmith40
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file statistics??

Is there any command in Unix (HP-UX) which will give me the file statistics .. e.g I have a file called r001 if I created that file on 2nd of aug 2005 and till now I changed that file contents 10 times. So how will I get the history statistic(time & date) of file modification. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get server statistics

Hello What commands can give following type of information about the server: Time: 20080331.12:10:39 Current CPU: 97.0% Current Memory: 3.7% Current Disk Space: 76% The resources on server is currently not available. Current CPU, Memory, or Disk Space is exceeding threshold Waiting for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shalua
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

packets statistics

Hi there, are there any functions that can get the packets statistics on UNIX ? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Server uptime statistics

Hello, I would like to create a report every month about the working hours of some servers. I need to get results such as how long are the servers up every month, which hours/days are up. Do you know any tool which will help me? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Anyone help to interpretate os statistics

Hi, Can anyone help me to explain following statistics of my unix box. /usr/sbin/swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/dsk/c4 118,771 16 33560432 33319776 /dev/dsk/c4 118,763 16 33560432 33327184 /usr/sbin/swap -s total: 13429368k bytes allocated + 9830880k reserved =... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: giteshtrivedi
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any way to get process statistics?

Hi, Can someone advise what "generic" command can I use to show statistics of a process or a running script/process? For example, I want to know how many hours/minutes it's taken to run or has been running, how much CPU it used and how much memory it used or uses. I want to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text statistics

Hello every body if I want to get the following statistics from a text file 1- sorted the n frequent words 2- sorted the n frequent characters 3- sorted the n frequent diagrams (tow letter together like th OR he) 4- sorted frequent n trigrams like (the OR all etc. ) 5- any character... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
10 Replies
nisstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       nisstat(1M)

NAME
nisstat - report NIS+ server statistics SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisstat [-H host] [directory] DESCRIPTION
The nisstat command queries a NIS+ server for various statistics about its operations. These statistics may vary between implementations and from release to release. Not all statistics are available from all servers. If you request a statistic from a server that does not sup- port that statistic, it is never a fatal error. The message "unknown statistic" is returned. By default, statistics are fetched from the server(s) of the NIS+ directory for the default domain. If directory is specified, servers for that directory are queried. Supported statistics for this release are as follows: root server This reports whether the server is a root server. NIS compat mode This reports whether the server is running in NIS compat mode. DNS forwarding in NIS mode This reports whether the server in NIS compat mode will forward host lookup calls to DNS. security level This reports the security level of this server. serves directories This lists the directories served by this server. Operations This statistic returns results in the form: OP=opname:C=calls:E=errors:T=micros Where opname is replaced by the RPC procedure name or operation, calls is the number of calls to this procedure that have been made since the server started running. errors is the number of errors that have occurred while processing a call, and micros is the average time in microseconds to complete the last 16 calls. Directory Cache This statistic reports the number of calls to the internal directory object cache, the number of hits on that cache, the number of misses, and the hit rate percentage. Group Cache This statistic reports the number of calls to the internal NIS+ group object cache, the number of hits on that cache, the number of misses, and the hit rate percentage. Static Storage This statistic reports the number of bytes the server has allocated for its static storage buffers. Dynamic Storage This statistic reports the amount of heap the server process is currently using. Uptime This statistic reports the time since the service has been running. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply. See nisopaccess(1). nisstat uses NIS_STATUS. OPTIONS
-H host Normally all servers for the directory are queried. With this option, only the machine named host is queried. If the named machine does not serve the directory, no statistics are returned. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See nisdefaults(1). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 12 Dec 2001 nisstat(1M)