Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: int.lst forms
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers int.lst forms Post 44534 by oombera on Monday 8th of December 2003 11:05:41 AM
Old 12-08-2003
Not sure what to tell you, really... are they plain text files? Can you open them up in a text editor and read what's inside or do they appear to be compiled?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

difference between int ** func() and int *& func()

What is the difference between int** func() and int*& func(). Can you please explain it with suitable example. Thanks, Devesh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

menu.lst, boot options?

Hi all, I would like to have some details on menu.lst!! the reason is ,if i am trying to add my own boot option where do i need to add it? is it in menu.lst only or elsewere(am referring to unix os) because i tried adding a unique boot option and it was not reflected when the system booted?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to alter grub menu.lst

Hi folks, I have a dual-boot Ubuntu/Windows machine and I wanted to create a script to change the menu.lst file so it will change the default boot partition (this is so I can reload the machine remotely and allow it to boot to the Windows partition). Today I have to sudo cp a template file I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppucci
1 Replies

5. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Need to edit the menu.lst so it can work

I am trying to install three OS (Windows VISTA, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Solaris 11 Express) on a single drive of a laptop. However when I go to edit the /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst to put the entry so it can boot the OpenSUSE 11.3 I get errors some of which result into starting all over again. I have also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Need to create a menu.lst for Solaris 11 Express, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Windows Vista

I have partitioned and installed Windows Vista, OpenSUSE and Solaris 11 Express on a LapTop hardDrive. However I am not able to boot OpenSUSE 11.3 although I have it in menu.lst which I put in a Solaris partition directory /rpool/boot/grub. Could someone tell me how to go about it. See what I did... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with UUID replacement in fstab and menu.lst

I am trying to write a small backup application for Linux systems file by file if partitions are created by the user using fdisk. I am facing a problem when I am done with restoring the files. The problem is with UUID mismatch in restored fstab and menu.lst. Using C I could create a partlist.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunj
6 Replies

9. Boot Loaders

Help Me edit the menu.lst !

I am trying to install three OS (Windows VISTA, OpenSUSE 11.3 & Solaris 11 Express) on a single drive of a laptop. However when I go to edit the /rpool/boot/grub/menu.lst to put the entry so it can boot the OpenSUSE 11.3 I get errors some of which result into starting all over again. I have also... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing menu.lst file in Ubuntu

I am not able to find menu.lst in /boot. During the Linux Kernel Compilation I installed the kernel using make install. Next I created an initrd image. I had to modify the Grub configuration file - /boot/grub/menu.lst which I am not able to find. Any resolution for the issue? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies
MEDIT(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MEDIT(1)

NAME
medit - text editor SYNOPSIS
medit [OPTION]... [FILES] DESCRIPTION
medit is a text editor. OPTIONS
-n, --new-app run new instance of medit. By default medit opens FILES (or creates a new document if none are given) in an existing instance of application -s, --use-session[=yes|no] load and save session. By default medit does it when -n is not used. If this option is not given on command line then medit uses the corresponding preferences setting. --pid PID use existing instance with process id PID. --app-name NAME use instance name NAME. If an instance with this name is already running, then it will send files given on the command line to that instance and exit. -e, --encoding ENCODING use provided character encoding to open the file -l, --line LINE open file and position cursor on line LINE. Alternatively line number may be specified with filename, e.g. medit foo.txt:12 -r, --reload automatically reload opened file if it was modified on disk by another program. -w, --new-window open file in a new window. -t, --new-tab open file in a new tab. --log-file FILE write debug output into FILE. This option is only useful on Windows. --log-window show debug output in a log window. This option is only useful on Windows. --debug DOMAINS enable debug output for DOMAINS (if medit was compiled with --enable-debug option). --geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT --geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT+X+Y default window size and position. -h, --help show summary of options. -v, --version show program version. FILES list of files to open. Filenames may include line numbers after colon, e.g. /tmp/file.txt:200. Trailing colon is ignored. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
MEDIT_PID if set, it is used as --pid argument. When medit spawns a process (e.g. a DVI viewer) it sets MEDIT_PID to its own process id, so the child process may in turn simply use 'medit filename' to open a file (e.g. for inverse DVI search). CONTACT
http://mooedit.sourceforge.net/contact.html AUTHOR
Written and maintained by Yevgen Muntyan <emuntyan@users.sourceforge.net> September 2010 MEDIT(1)