Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why won't this Work?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers why won't this Work? Post 44513 by mbabeli on Monday 8th of December 2003 07:17:59 AM
Old 12-08-2003
you have been a great help tonight, thanks again.
i think i should focus on c || c++ "at-a-time" instead of trying out both at the sametime, and confuse myself and others.

once again, i appreciate your help.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ksh Why Won't IF Statement work?

I'm trying to figure out why this if statement won't work: if || $zipcount != 6 ]] then echo ${myline} echo "ZIPCODE WARNING! ${zipcode} ${zipcount}" fi if ]] then echo ${myline} echo "STATE WARNING!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: developncode
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed won't work

Hi All, can anybody tell me what's wrong with this code? # SEARCH replaced by REPLACE #!/bin/bash SEARCH="95$$ 0 t" REPLACE="95$$ 1 t" for I in `ls *000.inp | cut -c-12`; do echo $I sed 's/$SEARCH/$REPLACE/' ${I}-000.inp > ${I}-100.inp done It don't replace the string... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
5 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A very simple script, but alias won't work

I am new to unix and therefore I did a lot of reading before posting. So please, if this has been answered before, forgive me for re-posting and point me to the right place for the answer. I have spent many hours searching the net and read over 50 posts in this forum and even tried a few thing but... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
20 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSolaris, Wireless won't work, help please!

I just installed a fork of opensolaris, and I really like it. I would hate going back to Ubuntu, But one issue, I cannot get my Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter working. On Ubuntu 10.4 I just installed nonfree firmware, but I guess it doesn't work that way on Solaris, any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stormos
5 Replies

6. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

7. BSD

Install cd won't work

Hi! I'm sure that somebody here installed freeBSD from a download of a virtual disc (.iso). But I made 5 downloads of 5 differents freeBSD installation (and no one has worked).Can somebody tell me where to download and how (if needed) to prepare the cd? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxum
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pkill won't work on firefox anymore

Can someone tell me why pkill won't work on firefox anymore? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Images won't work?

Hello, Images won't work on UNIX when I try posting them on my website I'm working on. It doesn't show the image, and it's simply erroring. Help! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yazan
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

NAT via iptables - Won't work!!

Hi guys I'm running on debian on a small embedded system. I have a ppp interface that is connected to the internet (and works). My unit also has wifi access point (which works and I can connect to it). I want to allow connections to the wifi to be able to use the internet from ppp0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alirezan1
1 Replies
XSetInputFocus(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						      XSetInputFocus(3X11)

Name
       XSetInputFocus, XGetInputFocus - control input focus

Syntax
       XSetInputFocus(display, focus, revert_to, time)
	  Display *display;
	  Window focus;
	  int revert_to;
	  Time time;

XGetInputFocus(display, focus_return, revert_to_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window *focus_return;
	  int *revert_to_return;

Arguments
       display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

focus	 Specifies the window, or

focus_return
		 Returns the focus window, or

revert_to Specifies where the input focus reverts to if the window becomes not viewable.  You can pass or

revert_to_return
		 Returns the current focus state or

time	 Specifies the time.  You can pass either a timestamp or

Description
       The function changes the input focus and the last-focus-change time.  It has no effect if the specified time is earlier than the current
       last-focus-change time or is later than the current X server time.  Otherwise, the last-focus-change time is set to the specified time is
       replaced by the current X server time).	causes the X server to generate and events.

Depending on the focus argument, the following occurs:

o    If focus is all keyboard events are discarded until a new focus window is set, and the revert_to argument is ignored.

o    If focus is a window, it becomes the keyboard's focus window.  If a generated keyboard event would normally be reported to this window
	    or one of its inferiors, the event is reported as usual.  Otherwise, the event is reported relative to the focus window.

o    If focus is the focus window is dynamically taken to be the root window of whatever screen the pointer is on at each keyboard event.
	    In this case, the revert_to argument is ignored.

The specified focus window must be viewable at the time is called, or a error results.  If the focus window later becomes not viewable, the
       X server evaluates the revert_to argument to determine the new focus window as follows:

o    If revert_to is the focus reverts to the parent (or the closest viewable ancestor), and the new revert_to value is taken to be

o    If revert_to is or the focus reverts to or respectively.  When the focus reverts, the X server generates and events, but the last-
	    focus-change time is not affected.

can generate and errors.

The function returns the focus window and the current focus state.

Diagnostics
       Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request.
		 Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument
		 defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XWarpPointer(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XSetInputFocus(3X11)