Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix to MicroSoft Outlook Mails Post 444 by Deepali Potnis on Monday 4th of December 2000 04:00:37 PM
Old 12-04-2000
I want to send a text file from Unix as an attachment to a Microsoft Outlook address. I have tried the 'elm' command which does this. But it is in an interactive mode. I want this to be automatically done by a program. Is there any other way to this?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

outlook for unix?

Anyone know if you can download an outlook client to run on Unix? Company recently moved to outlook 2003 and I am wondering if I can install a client on my solaris 9 ultra 10 to access my internal mail.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to install microsoft outlook on unix

Hi Every one, I have to install microsoft outlook on unix operating system. We can install microsoft outlook on Linux operating system using WINE HQ Emulator. Like wise any Emulator , interface or compatibility layer for running Windows Applications. Please give some suggestions links to do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: carthikn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing outlook mails from unix

Hi, For a requirement in my project, i need to implement code in unix such that unix checks whether the necessary mails from a particular client is received in outook inbox. Note that, i ve to check whether that particular mail has got any attachment too.. Please tell me whether this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeembenazir
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read outlook mails for a particular user and store that mail description in a excel/notepad

My requirements are :- Remote connection to the another server with log in credential. Read the mail from a particular user with date,subject and contents and store these data in XLs with consecutive columns (date,subject and contents). Mail that XLs to multiple user those are in a mailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjan001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies
BACKUP_QUIT(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BACKUP_QUIT(8)

NAME
backup_quit - Leaves interactive mode SYNOPSIS
quit [-help] q [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup quit command exits interactive mode, returning the issuer to the regular shell prompt at which the backup or backup interactive command was issued to enter interactive mode. The command has no effect when issued outside interactive mode. Issuing the Ctrl-D command also exits interactive mode. CAUTIONS
To exit interactive mode, all jobs must be completed. Use the backup jobs command to list any jobs currently pending or executing, and the backup kill command to terminate them as necessary. OPTIONS
-help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command exits interactive mode: backup> quit % PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_interactive(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_QUIT(8)