Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cd-rom
Operating Systems Linux cd-rom Post 44346 by linuxpenguin on Thursday 4th of December 2003 02:27:24 PM
Old 12-04-2003
I beleive that the program you wish to install is some rpm package. you will have to install the package using the rpm command

all the best

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

booting from CD-ROM

I recently decided to install FreeBSD on an old 486 PC. I downloaded the iso and burnt it on my other computer. After that I went into the BIOS on the 486 to set the CD as my primary boot device.. but strangely there's no such option :confused: And when i boot the machine the floppy drive makes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.P
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CD-ROM Problems

I am having problems booting to my external CD-ROM drive. When I try to run the command "boot cdrom" from my OK prompt I get the error "SCSI device 6,0 is not responding, Can't open boot device". Also, when I run the command "test cdrom", I get the error "SCSI device 6,0 is not responding, cdrom... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saucierm
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with cd rom

have a problem with mandrake, it doesnt let me take more than 3 files from a cd to the hard drive at once. ie from a cd with 100 mp3s on, I have to take 3, then eject the cd and put it back and take 3 more. very tidious, people tell me this is a default problem with mandrake, I say there must... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayoz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd rom device

Hi All, I would like to mount a cd device on a sun using the mount command. But i do not know what device the cd drive is ie /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom0 bla bla. I need this info to run the command... mount /dev/blah /mnt/cdrom so i can access the cd. but i dont know what blah in the above is.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkap
1 Replies

5. Solaris

device associated with cd-rom ?

hi all , how can i know the device associated with my CD-ROM under file system /dev/dsk/... ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lid-j-one
2 Replies

6. Debian

Lenny upgrade and my CD-ROM...

I recently upgraded from Etch to Lenny. There were a few hiccoughs, but I was able to sort most of these out myself. There is just one little niggle left that I have no idea how to go about fixing. My CD-ROM now ejects on boot, and will not stay closed. When I boot the system, I notice that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elric of Grans
0 Replies

7. Solaris

cd rom to dvd rom drive swap

Hello, I need to replace a cd rom drive with a dvd rom drive in a SunFire v120 running Solaris 8. My objective is to install Solaris 10 from dvd disc. Downloading Solaris 10 cd discs is not an option since I am in Baghdad, Iraq and connection speeds are horrible. So far, all I can get is power to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: 555
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to use CD-ROM

I've been having some problems with the CD/DVD drive in my V480 server. I've decided to try to boot from the Solaris DVD (to rule out the Solaris 10 OS as a culprit). I get the following errors when I try to boot from the DVD Rebooting with command: boot cdrom Boot device:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remote cd-rom

Hi, I am using a PC with XP at my office and using Solaris 9 via X-win32 (Sun WS is somewhere at server room). Is there anyway to use my pc's CDROM to install programs to Solaris 9 ..? ( they dont share the same file system. They are only connected through net. However, they both use same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
3 Replies
RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					       RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)

NAME
rhn-profile-sync - Update system information on Red Hat Network. SYNOPSIS
rhn-profile-sync [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn-profile-sync is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and refreshes the data stored for this system. rhn-profile-sync updates data about installed packages, machine hardware, and virtual guest instances (if virtualization is enabled). OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN-PROFILE-SYNC(8)