Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Evolution 1.4 error after configuration Post 44305 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 3rd of December 2003 02:59:31 PM
Old 12-03-2003
i would say it is the "From" setting, as it occurs when he is sending mail. you set what is displayed in the "From" field of the emails you send. him being NOT able to send an email with an arbitrary "From" setting tells me that his smtp server has some mail relay protection. this is to prevent spammers from sending mail via their smtp server. sendming mail with smtp requires no authentification, so these safe gaurds are built in to stop people from "spoofing" the from address.

tux, look at where you set up your email accounts within evolution, in there somewhere where you tell it what smtp server to use, or an "accounts" setting, something like that, in one of those tere will be a space that says From: and you type in YOUR email address there.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

evolution authentication

We are using fedora 8 on my system in that we are using evolution for checking mail we have configured mail server on fedora 8 in another system earlier when i was open the evolution it was asking password for authentication from last two days whenever i open the evolution it was not asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios - NRPE configuration error

HI guyz, I have a nagios 3.0.6 server which is running on fedora 5. I had already added some windows clients and monitoring it. Now i want to add a unix client. Steps done till now : - 1.nagios-plugins-1.4.13 was installed and configured. 2.unzipped and untarred the NRPE 2.8 3.I gave a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Old XFree86 configuration error

Hello experts, I installed an old linux distribution and i'm having troubles with the XFree86 server. The thing is, when i run XF86Setup, X server and windows actually works, because i can get the graphical configuration screen, but when i'm "done" and save the changes to the config file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semash!
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in the configuration of printers

I'm trying to install printers with the shell below: #! /bin/bash -x lpadmin -p brmblack03 -v socket://172.30.0.14:9100/ lpadmin -p brmblack04 -v socket://172.30.0.10:9100/ lpadmin -p brmblack05 -v socket://172.30.0.13:9100/ lpadmin -p cscnshopping -v socket://192.168.0.250:9100/ lpadmin -p... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: to.brunoaugusto
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

program about evolution

Our company use Microsoft exchange server ,My mail client is evolution.When i set up the evolution .It appears this picture.How should i do? Please help me! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Error in LdapClient configuration

Hi all, My code for configuring ldapclient is as follows: ldapclient manual \ -a credentialLevel=proxy \ -a authenticationMethod=simple \ -a proxyDN=cn=proxyagent,cn=user1,dc=sema,dc=com \ -a proxyPassword=user1 \ -a defaultSearchBase=dc=sema,dc=com \ -a domainName=sema.com \ -a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

8. Solaris

ntp client configuration error

hi all ntp client side configuration file is done but in # ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== ntpserver .INIT. 16 u - 64 0 0.00 0.000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

OpenLDAP Server Configuration error

I followed the guide from the below link to set up a ldap server. After everything is finished, I configured a client for ldap authentication and I can search the entries in ldap using the command ldapsearch -x ZZ but when I am trying to login to the client using a ldap user, the prompt just keeps... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies
dnssectools(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  dnssectools(3pm)

NAME
Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::dnssectools - General routines for the DNSSEC-Tools package. SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::dnssectools; dt_adminmail($subject,$msgbody,$recipient); $zspath = dt_cmdpath('zonesigner'); $ftype = dt_findtype($path); DESCRIPTION
The dnssectools module provides a general set of methods for use with DNSSEC-Tools utilities. INTERFACES
The interfaces to the dnssectools module are given below. dt_adminmail(subject,msgbody,recipient) This routine emails a message to the administrative user listed in the DNSSEC-Tools configuration file. dt_adminmail() requires two parameters, both scalars. The subject parameter is the subject for the mail message. The msgbody parameter is the body of the mail message. A third parameter, recipient, may be given to specify the message's recipient. If this is not given, then the recipient will be taken from the admin-email record of the DNSSEC-Tools configuration file. If recipient is "nomail", then no message will be sent and success will be returned. Return values: 1 - the message was created and sent. 0 - an invalid recipient was specified. It relies on the the following dnssec-tools.conf configuration parameters: admin-email The email address that the mail should come from. mailer-type Should be one of: sendmail, smtp, qmail. This option is not required and will default to trying sendmail and qmail to deliever the mail. If mailer-server is set to a defined value but mailer-type is not, then mailer-type will default to mailer-server The server, if admin-mail is set to smtp, that the mail should be delivered to. dt_cmdpath(command) This routine returns the path to a specified DNSSEC-Tools command. command should be the name only, without any leading directories. The command name is checked to ensure that it is a valid DNSEC-Tools command, Return values: The absolute path to the command is returned if the command is valid. Null is returned if the command is not valid. dt_filetype(path) This routine returns the type of the file named in path. The rollrec and keyrec records contained therein are counted and a type determination is made. Return values: "keyrec" - At least one keyrec record was found and no rollrec records were found. "rollrec" - At least one rollrec record was found and no keyrec records were found. "mixed" - At least one rollrec record and at least one keyrec record were found. This is most likely an erroneous file. "unknown" - No rollrec records nor keyrec records were found. "nofile" - The specified file does not exist. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006-2012 SPARTA, Inc. All rights reserved. See the COPYING file included with the DNSSEC-Tools package for details. AUTHOR
Wayne Morrison, tewok@tislabs.com SEE ALSO
Mail::Send.pm(3), Net::DNS::SEC::Tools::conf.pm(3) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 309: =back without =over perl v5.14.2 2012-06-28 dnssectools(3pm)