Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Evolution 1.4 error after configuration Post 44283 by jsilva on Wednesday 3rd of December 2003 09:29:26 AM
Old 12-03-2003
Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by norsk hedensk
maybe in evolution you set your "From" email address to the invalid email address (...@localhost...).

change it to your real email address.
The problem is not with the "From" field, but with the "Sender" field... the sender is always the user@host, if your host is called localhost.localdomain, your sender is user@localhost.localdomain...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

evolution authentication

We are using fedora 8 on my system in that we are using evolution for checking mail we have configured mail server on fedora 8 in another system earlier when i was open the evolution it was asking password for authentication from last two days whenever i open the evolution it was not asking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
1 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios - NRPE configuration error

HI guyz, I have a nagios 3.0.6 server which is running on fedora 5. I had already added some windows clients and monitoring it. Now i want to add a unix client. Steps done till now : - 1.nagios-plugins-1.4.13 was installed and configured. 2.unzipped and untarred the NRPE 2.8 3.I gave a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Dns configuration error in Redhat

Dear All I want to configure DNS in redhat linux. i am following these steps but when i restart the services it is showing status failed. Please any body can help me on urgent basis. #service named restart Stopping named: Starting named: ---------Edited in named.conf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahu.tapan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Old XFree86 configuration error

Hello experts, I installed an old linux distribution and i'm having troubles with the XFree86 server. The thing is, when i run XF86Setup, X server and windows actually works, because i can get the graphical configuration screen, but when i'm "done" and save the changes to the config file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: semash!
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Error in the configuration of printers

I'm trying to install printers with the shell below: #! /bin/bash -x lpadmin -p brmblack03 -v socket://172.30.0.14:9100/ lpadmin -p brmblack04 -v socket://172.30.0.10:9100/ lpadmin -p brmblack05 -v socket://172.30.0.13:9100/ lpadmin -p cscnshopping -v socket://192.168.0.250:9100/ lpadmin -p... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: to.brunoaugusto
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

program about evolution

Our company use Microsoft exchange server ,My mail client is evolution.When i set up the evolution .It appears this picture.How should i do? Please help me! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fang_xiaoan
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Error in LdapClient configuration

Hi all, My code for configuring ldapclient is as follows: ldapclient manual \ -a credentialLevel=proxy \ -a authenticationMethod=simple \ -a proxyDN=cn=proxyagent,cn=user1,dc=sema,dc=com \ -a proxyPassword=user1 \ -a defaultSearchBase=dc=sema,dc=com \ -a domainName=sema.com \ -a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathya47
10 Replies

8. Solaris

ntp client configuration error

hi all ntp client side configuration file is done but in # ntpq -p remote refid st t when poll reach delay offset disp ============================================================================== ntpserver .INIT. 16 u - 64 0 0.00 0.000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
5 Replies

9. Red Hat

OpenLDAP Server Configuration error

I followed the guide from the below link to set up a ldap server. After everything is finished, I configured a client for ldap authentication and I can search the entries in ldap using the command ldapsearch -x ZZ but when I am trying to login to the client using a ldap user, the prompt just keeps... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aninmuk
0 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)