Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Having a prob. installing SUSE Linux on a laptop Post 43950 by spiral on Tuesday 25th of November 2003 06:39:57 PM
Old 11-25-2003
Network Having a prob. installing SUSE Linux on a laptop

Hi Everyone

Im just wondering if anyone knows why when you install SUSE Linux 8.0 on a NEC Versa Laptop that KDE does not fill the entire window. There is a peripheral setup that I played with both the display settings and changing the display adapter, but nothing seems to fix the problem. Everything else works fine. It always seems the display is always the thing to give you a hassle after an install.

The install setup screen completely filled the screen so I know its nothing with my hardware.

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Spiral

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

installing slackware 10.2 on compaq laptop with Sansung HM121HI hard drive

Hi Guys, I'm trying to install slackware 10.2 on a on compaq laptop with Sansung HM121HI hard drive but I wonder what kernel should I use so it can recognize the had disk. Initially I've tried using sata.i and then try to use the fdisk utility to create the new partiotions but doesn't seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix/linux on HP(INTEL INSIDE) LAPTOP.

Please inform me on how to install unix/Linus on hp(Intel inside) lap top computer, with windows xp inside. Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: princektwo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installing GLIBC on SuSe 11.

I need help updating the glibc in my suse box. I have no clue how to do this and I am afraid of breaking this box. Can someone please give me some direction? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

After installing redhat, my laptop boot straight to Windows 7

Hi all, Good day. I just installed RHEL6.3 into my laptop to learn RH. There is an existing Windows 7 in there. After installing the RHEL, the laptop will just boot to Windows 7. I tried to use this BCDedit to add Linux entry to the boot menu, BUT each time i pick the redhat selection,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies
queens(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							queens(6x)

NAME
queens - n queens screensaver SYNOPSIS
queens [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-wireframe] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
The queens program solves the n-queens problem (where, in this program, N is between 5 and 10 queens) using a straightforward backtracking algorithm. The problem is: how may one place N queens on an NxN chessboard such that no queen can attack a sister? OPTIONS
queens accepts the following options: -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -install Install a private colormap for the window. -visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -wireframe Render in wireframe instead of solid. -fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. BUGS
It's not unknown for this and other OpenGL hacks to fail under hardware accelaration (UtahGLX) and take the X server with them. Texture images must be 16x16 or 32x32 or 64x64 etc. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by Blair Tennessy. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Blair Tennessy <tennessb@unbc.ca>, 20-April-2002. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) queens(6x)