Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending variable to ASP server fromOSX Post 43929 by franklin on Tuesday 25th of November 2003 09:39:31 AM
Old 11-25-2003
Kevin and LinuxPenguin, You were right the first time.
I just figured out the difference between single quotes and the back tick.
It's working now.
thanks.
-chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

running ASP on server

I have a .asp page on my server on the internet. how do i view that page online ? e.g www.mysite.com/page.asp what do i have to do to make it work ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: perleo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending email via mail server

hi everyone i am facing one problem. there is one unix server in our organisation which stores daily routine backup, and one mail server which is on windows 2k3, they are on one intranet. now i want that a mail should be generated and sent to the e-mail id of employees like nitin@hotmail.com... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmeet
1 Replies

3. Programming

Sending mail in C/C++ in unix server

Hi Frnds, I have a task in my project wherein i have to send out a mail from my C++ code.With some file attachements.Please help me in this. At a higher level wat i can tell is my code generated 3 csv file and i have to send these files as attachement. My code is executed in unix... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: electroon
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Sending a file to a server

Dear Experts, please help i am very much confused here and not getting the right path, actually i want to send a file from client to a server, initially i used mmap() which is failing most of the time so i want to use general IO streams to do that, i can open a file in "rb" mode and read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending variable value via mailx

Hi all, I need to send a variable value in the script through mailx. Please find the script below but its not working. agents.sh: agents=`grep "Tot Agents " snapshot.dbm` if (( $? == 0 )); then mailx abc@gmail.com $agents fi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: db2cap
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sending file from UNIX server to Windows server

I'm trying to write a Perl script where a file from a UNIX server box connects to a Windows server box and copies that file into the Window box. The main problem I have right now is that whenever I try to connect to the Windows box, the connection is refused. The error message that always pops... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Sed/Echo output to Variable

I have a variable $WORDS that contains a string Then i want to use sed to break it up. echo $WORDS | sed 's// /g' I tried setting this as a variable by doing WORDS2=`echo $WORDS | sed 's// /g'` But when i do this it does not return me to the prompt properly ie. jmpprd-v1> jmpprd-v1>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending sqlplus output to a shell variable

I am trying to import a sqlplus output into a shell variable but it doesnt seem to be working. set -x export DEPENDENT_CR_NO=`sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF conn username/passwd set heading off select dependency from custom_patches where patch_name='PATCH.zip'; exit; EOF` echo $DEPENDENT_CR_NO ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginer314
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending email from UNIX server

Hi, I am trying to send an output of a script in an email. I want to know if there is a way to modify the senders email not as my username on the host server but as one of the sender preset on outlook. I was using cat email.log | /bin/mailx -c cclist -r myemailid -s "subject" tolistids ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopajitmalakar
4 Replies

10. Web Development

ASP.NET 5 Application on Centos OS7 Web Hosting Server

Hi All, Frankly I'm new to Linux Environment. While we are trying to Host an ASP.NET 5 Web Application on Centos OS7 Web hosting Server. There were couple of steps which we are supposed to go through, please see this link - We are stuck at Create a Container & then Running the Container,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John Fredric
1 Replies
BEL(1)                                                                                                                                      BEL(1)

NAME
bel - open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines SYNOPSIS
bel [-e file] [-s file] [-d delay] DESCRIPTION
bel generates a script allowing the user to open a shell or execute a command on a remote computer through several machines. In order to generate the script, the user gives the paths to the different machines until the final one is reached. Several paths may be specified in a single entry file or through the standard input. OPTIONS
-e, --entree=FILE Provide the necessary information to establish the tunnel between the source and the final computer. -s, --repertoire-sortie=DIRECTORY The directory where you want to put the generated scripts. -d, --delai=SECONDS Delay to wait before each sent command, in seconds. AUTHOR
Carl Chenet <chaica@ohmytux.com[]> RESSOURCES
Belier homepage : http://www.ohmytux.com/belier LICENSE
Copyright (C) <2009> <Carl Chenet>This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. 05/16/2009 BEL(1)